Most frustrating moments in Zelda games

Hopefully, I'll be getting the 3D Version of OoT soon so I hopefully won't be bothered by starting back at home. I'll be too caught up trying to get through the dungeons.

For me, the most annoying Zelda moment happened fairly recently (within the past 4 years). I was playing Skyward Sword. It's a great, fun game, except...

That FREAKING repetitive scaly boss you have to fight 3+ times. I hated fighting it the first time. When I fought it the second time, my heart sunk because I'm familiar with the rule of three. Honestly, it's the boss I despise the most in the entire Zelda franchise. I didn't even go for the special shield at the end of the game because of having to fight that thing over and over. It really ruined some of the enjoyment of the game for me.

At the end of Majora's Mask, in that scary town, there is like a dungeon where you need various items to proceed. It was fun, but also annoying.

Well despite how much I play or how good I seem to get, I still get times when I run into a wall or a corner and I have a very hard time getting out. It gets to the point where I consider it being a glitch, and it really might be, because I have had to restart it a couple of times when it has done it. It is certainly frustrating though, and I could do without them. Maybe they will get it cleared up eventually.

At the end of Majora's Mask, in that scary town, there is like a dungeon where you need various items to proceed. It was fun, but also annoying.

Oh man, I came on here to mention Majora's Mask, as well :p. I found a few of the dungeons to be kinda tedious and the game as a whole was challenging for me. I was still in elementary school when it came out (or early middle school, I guess). I remember getting so frustrated as a kid because I kept getting stuck. Things got better when I borrowed a friend's walkthrough but to be perfectly honest, I still haven't beaten the game. I really need to go back and do that!

It gets worse when you get to the final boss. Some will say the final boss isn't hard. But it is, indeed, pretty difficult.

Oh man, I came on here to mention Majora's Mask, as well :p. I found a few of the dungeons to be kinda tedious and the game as a whole was challenging for me. I was still in elementary school when it came out (or early middle school, I guess). I remember getting so frustrated as a kid because I kept getting stuck. Things got better when I borrowed a friend's walkthrough but to be perfectly honest, I still haven't beaten the game. I really need to go back and do that!

are you playing the 3ds version? its much better. I found i could see way more clearly. And yes, use a guide and do the side quests. It becomes a much more rewarding experience. This game does require a little patience. The first time i played i never realized that you could slow and fast fwd time. my bad

Most of the Zelda games can be a catalyst for frequent frustration. I would say in my younger days that getting stuck in a temple not knowing what to do next can be the most upsetting. A huge aspect of Zelda is puzzles and I think you would be hard pressed to find one person who has not used at least one walk through or gamer magazine for at least one quest somewhere along the lines of their playing the Zelda series. Getting stuck on a quest is an inevitability.

Oh man, I came on here to mention Majora's Mask, as well

I had many a frustrations over that game, and I have still not beaten it to this day. I remember struggling a lot with Ocarina of Time but eventually I was able to beat it, but not this one. This is one of the main reasons why I like the games though, the puzzles are challenging and they make you think. I always like that. Good stuff, and thanks for sharing.

Darknuts, and defending enemies in Skyward Sword that can only be attacked with a feint.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back