N64 Games

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Do any of you know a good online place to get N64 games? I would like to expand my library a bit. I just finished commenting on a post about online purchases, but realize the N64 is an exception. There doesn't seem to be an abundance around here.

Ok cool; thank you very much. I was suspecting this was the place, but I didn't know if there were any fan secrets :D

Yeah I think the best and safesrt places to get them would be at amazon and ebay. I think if you venture and try to get them from other resources that you may get scammed but that is jus my own honest opinion about it.

Watch The Game Chasers. They know how to get their hands on games. for me I go to a store called GameXChange. The have great prices for NES,SNES,N64,GameCube,Wii,Wii U, GameBoy,GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advance, Nintendo Ds, Nintendo 3DS, Atari, ColecoVision,Intellivision, Sega, Playstation, Xbox & DVD's. I picked up the movie called GameBox 1.0 over there.

Thomas, the area you live in could be immensely helpful. There are a few spots by me that deal in retro games/gaming. One was especially difficult to find but well worth it. At times they have games in abundance that are pretty valuable singularly but because they have so many they discount them. You should check for brick and mortar spots in your area.

I have to agree....Amazon is my go to place for just about everything. Movies, books, games, etc. One can generally count on Amazon for about anything. I haven't used Ebay in a LOOOOONG time. I got burned twice and pretty well quit bothering with Ebay after that...but a lot of folks seem to still like Ebay, so go with what feels right I suppose. ;)

JoanMcWench said:
Thomas, the area you live in could be immensely helpful. There are a few spots by me that deal in retro games/gaming. One was especially difficult to find but well worth it. At times they have games in abundance that are pretty valuable singularly but because they have so many they discount them. You should check for brick and mortar spots in your area.

I live in Albuquerque. There are a few local stores, but their collection is not so good. I am always more cautious in purchasing used cartridge games too.

lukiegames.com. Not cheap, but good service and wide selection.

I buy most of my games used and I make it a point to negotiate price because of it being used. Much like a car or a tasty used sandwich. I also have an affinity for taking apart consoles and games and renewing them.

I would definitely recommend Amazon. I haven't bought any games off of them buy I have looked and they have what I am looking for. I have bought other things off of them and I have never been disappointed.

In many large cities there are retro gaming stores that you can take a look at, too. Granted, you can always buy games online from players via Craigslist, Amazon and Ebay for a cheaper price, but I would recommend checking the stores themselves since they have a bit of a larger and safer supply. They also allow you to trade in games, too, which is helpful if you're trying to get rid of a game that you know you won't play anymore. But know that the better known the game is, the more expensive it can be. Don't expect to trade or sell a game like Superman 64 for a game like Yoshi's Story.

If you can find a good retro gaming store in your area, this may be your best bet. A lot of them are popping up lately and they often have better deals than what you'll find on eBay. The online stores that I purchase from predominantly focus on Japanese releases and older systems. The N64 isn't a high-priority for them, that's why I won't recommend them. If you can't find a store near you, then you'll have to rely on Amazon and eBay.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back