Nintendo - "Sorry for Joycon issues"

djanky

From
Gamer
Playing
Switch
“Regarding the Joy-Con, we apologize for any trouble caused to our customers. We are continuing to aim to improve our products, but as the Joy-Con is the subject of a class-action lawsuit in the United States and this is still a pending issue, we would it like to refrain from responding about any specific actions.” - Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa.

Did you ever have issues with the Joy-con controllers? It was bad enough that Nintendo got sued for it...

Y E S. Im pretty upset that both my sets are pretty much unusable. Just bought a cheap pro controller to back up my good pro. The whole time i played Ultimate Alliance, i just thought i sucked.

Sorry, but they are expensive and i expected them to last longer than this.

What are they doing? Did you get a day one Switch? I haven't had any problems with Joycons yet, but someone told me their analog stick was drifting and they had just bought a Switch recently to play animal crossing

no, i got a Switch i guess 6 months after it came out. I have 2 sets of joy cons, one came with the Switch, i bought the other set later. On both sets, my character "drifts" as if im pushing the analog. Usually to the left. It's aggravating because the second set set me back 75$. Like, the price of a game is how i look at it.

Supposedly dust is settling inside and messing with the contacts. 🤷‍♂️

Supposedly dust is settling inside and messing with the contacts. 🤷‍♂️
If that's the problem, it's not very obvious. The controller doesn't look like much dust could get in it. The controller price practically doubled from the wii remote price, it's understandable because split controllers are like two controllers on some multiplayer games. But then if you pay that much you expect it to work.

People used to joke i just sucked at smash when it came out cause i complained of drifting. Never felt so validated as when that announcement came out 😜

But i bought some custom pink/ blue Joycons and they have the issue riverine. Way too expensive to have such issues

Nintendo will probably be doing either a free replacement or sending out some vouchers as a result of that lawsuit.

That would be nice. Or... worse case, free repairs...

last i read, they were only honoring that if you were still in "warranty period." I am not.

Update: so i came across an article on CNET about using alcohol to clean under the joysticks. Well, it seems to have worked/helped. Nintendo claims the joycons just get dirty, and yeah, the cotton swab had a little dirt on it. If you try it, remember don't soak the cotton swab and make sure the joy cons are not connected to power, just in case.

Latest threads

Back