Nintendo Switch @ E3 2017

-Ty_

Playing
GameCube
Predictions, hopes, dreams. Let's discuss Nintendo Switch at E3 2017!

What I've Heard
I'm not going to pretend I have all the insider information, but from covering Nintendo for as long as I have and from having conversations with some developers and publisher buddies, I might be able to share some slight insight in my favourite format: BULLET POINTS!

• Nintendo mainly excited that E3 is open to the public for once. This means the show will focus on "near-gold" demos (games that are almost ready to ship) for the playable section. E3 is in June (14th-16th) so expect to see heavy focus on games that will launch between June and September. Mario will be playable but launch is targeted for November.
  • Nintendo's keynote will have three parts: games coming out soon, games coming out 2018, and an indie section. I heard something about a eSports "community event" that has something to do with the online services app, but I'm trying to get more info before I can confidently talk about it.
  • There's apparently going to be a big focus on third party games in their playable booth, some we know about (FIFA, for example), others will be announced prior to the Nintendo keynote. EA have at least one major, major, AAA blockbuster title for Switch from a franchise that hasn't appeared on Nintendo before. Activision has at least three AAA titles heading to Switch. Ubisoft has at least four games for Switch at E3.
  • I haven't heard a thing about any Pokémon games for Switch, apart from the usual internet rumours. That's not to say there wont be one, I'm just not getting any buzz from my sources.
  • Nintendo have some things in store for Nintendo 3DS. Pikmin's an obvious one, I was also told there'll be another "3D remake" of a popular Nintendo 64 game (like Majora's Mask 3D).
What I Want
I'm a little tired of all the Nintendoom so it would be good for some of the smaller-but-still-huge publishers (other than EA, Activision and Ubisoft) to put their games onto Switch. Rockstar, Blizzard, more from Bethesda. I'd also like to see some mass market games like Wii Fit get some Switch love, to bust down the barrier of entries people out there might have.

I doubt we'll see a "SwitchOS v2.0" for a while, but Nintendo 3DS connectivity would be high on my want list for that, as well as StreetPass.

What are you guys hoping to see? And have you heard any rumours?

e3 for nintendo switch wish list for me is this

Madden for the switch cause i would love to be able to play on the go again

Super Smash Bros( feeling this is gonna get announced but its going to be a deluxe release) - this one i feel is almost definatly going to happen being they are release 6 new amiibos for super smash bros right after E3 so i think this will be a anouncement.

Mario Maker(held off buying it for wiiu hoping for a Switch release)

Metroid Announcement (fingers crossed)

im also excited to see what 3rd parties are going to do but i hope they dont go the way of the Wii where we get all these games but they are crapware and non mainstream games.

now my never will happen list but wish it would

i wish nintendo would release game packs, meaning all Mario games bundled together zelda bundle and a metroid bundle

i would easily pay 150$ for every major mario console game especially if it has Mario Sunshine which i loved

i bought the telltale bundle on the ps4 would also rebuy on the switch(im a rare person who doesnt mind paying twice if i get to take it on the go.

im finding dispite the lack of 4k or full native 1080p on all games, im still interested in buying these games for the switch over the ps4 just for the fact i can take it anywhere.

just one last thing about e3 ninty did say they want one of each of thier major franchises does that mean after a absence on the WiiU we will finally see a new Metroid games again? god i hope so, think it will be a big mistake not to at the very least do HD remakes of the prime series like they did windwaker.

Oh god yes! Definitely would love to see the Metroid games. (ones that are the caliber of the Prime Trilogy that is). Federation Force for the 3DS was totally disappointing in my opinion, but all of the Prime series (and even Other M) were all freaking epic! The original DS version wasn't bad either! (that one, although a completely different game in its own right, had a very similar style to Prime, so I think that's the formula that works best on Metroid games, and what I strongly hope they return to as a staple for any future ones!)

Nintendo Won E3!!! With a NEW Kirby Game for the Switch; New Yoshi game for Nintendo Switch, Metroid Prime 4 Announcement, Confirmation that they're making a Core Pokemon Series game for the Nintendo Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, BOTW DLC, AND The Possible GOTY, Super Mario Odyssey(which is Missing a certain someone: aka LUIGI!!), and Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario X Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, ARMS, etc.

yeah, i mean of course the Mario will be awesome, but i totally popped for the Metroid and Kirby announcement. Looks great

Nintendo definitely knocked it out of the park at E3! Good mix of games coming out this year versus future titles. Mario + Rabbids looks way better than I had pictured when I first heard the rumors. Personally I was hoping for a release date for Xenoblade 2, but the game looks awesome so I'm willing to wait a bit longer. I'm really glad to see Nintendo's push for local multiplayer. The other systems seem to have forgotten that people do like to get together and play games in person.

Nintendo Won E3!!! With a NEW Kirby Game for the Switch; New Yoshi game for Nintendo Switch, Metroid Prime 4 Announcement, Confirmation that they're making a Core Pokemon Series game for the Nintendo Switch, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, BOTW DLC, AND The Possible GOTY, Super Mario Odyssey(which is Missing a certain someone: aka LUIGI!!), and Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario X Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, ARMS, etc.
Totally agreed. I meant to ask, (and please forgive my stupidity here...) but what does GOTY stand for? (that's the only game you mentioned here that I don't recognize) . Most likely I'll probably kick myself with how obvious that acronym was once you tell me, but at the moment I'm racking my brains trying to think what that one could possibly be, and I'm coming up blank. So please put me out of my misery on that one, or it will probably drive me nuts all day! lol.

Thanks.

@HyruleWarrior It stands for Game of the Year. A lot of people are already pointing to Super Mario Odyseey to be that game. I watched one of the treehouse demos last night. It really looks awesome.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back