Nintendo's "Project NX" - What we know so far

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Playing
GameCube
On March 17, 2015, during a press event dedicated to the announcement of a partnership between Nintendo and DeNA, Nintendo President and CEO Satoru Iwata said the following:

"While this is not something directly relating to the collaboration that we have announced today, here is one thing I would like to mention to avoid any misunderstandings.

Nintendo has decided to deploy its video game business on smart devices but it is not because we have lost passion or vision for the business of dedicated video game systems. On the contrary, now that we have decided how we will make use of smart devices, we have come to hold an even stronger passion and vision for the dedicated video game system business than ever before. Nintendo has made this decision because we have concluded that the approach of making use of smart devices is a rational way for us to encourage even more people around the world to recognize the great value of the wonderful game software available on our dedicated game systems.

As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename "NX." It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year."

This is all the information that Nintendo's given us about Project NX so far.

I figured that Nintendo would eventually work out a deal to make games for smartphones!

Smartphone games are a red hot market that is still growing and reaches an audience much broader than console or PC gamers! It's only natural and logical that Nintendo would dip their toes into the market!

That being said, I'm not much for smartphone games myself (although perhaps this will soon change given this news) and look forward to seeing what they'll do next in terms of a console (which might be some time from now given how recently the Wii U was first released).

great news....WAIT A MINUTE!!! what about all those gloom and doom, Nintendo is stupid/dying/alreadydead articles i been reading the last year and half on yahoo and other sites? Im talking at you all you hate mongering click-bait authors that don't even play Nintendo. My typed response to said articles was always something to the effect of "wow i didn't realize it was this bad. guess i was too busy having fun, playing my wii u."

good job Nintendo, ill start saving up for my NX immediately

i just read their stock is up 26% today. i dunno. that sounds like a lot and stuff

Clearly, the reports of Nintendo's death have been greatly exaggerated! (To paraphrase the late great Mark Twain.) ;)

Oh yeah I hear people talking and saying that nintendo is dead and that is so far from the truth. Right now Nintendo is still doing really good. Not the way that they are accustomed of doing, but they are surely far from dead I could tell you that.

I cannot wait for the Nintendo NX! it looks sweet and it would be the first Nintendo system I have bought in years. As for the people who say "Nintendo is dead" you can not kill Nintendo, they will be around for eons to come. Even if they have had a couple of poopie systems in the past, I doubt that Nintendo will ever go belly up.

The NX is cool looking, if you have not seen a picture of it yet here it is;
nintendo-cafe-concept-large.jpg

Looks cool to me, I can not wait to get one! I am a die hard gamer so I will eventually have this system. :)

Lol nice Photoshop

uh that is obviously photoshop cause Nintendo isn't going to leak a system that odds are it is still in the infant stage of development.

Nintendo isn't dead but it isn't, even with announcement of new console, taking charge in the console market. They would never die cause of success of 3DS and their main franchise titles. But if this comes out 2-3 or even 4 years down the road, will they be able to create an edge against the other 2 who most likely will either have developed more tech for their current consoles or be also ready to show of their next gen?

I really hope that NX will be a change to the past console maybe a 4D.I will buy that im a diehard Big-N fan!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back