No more Pokemon for me

I really admire the ways that Pokemon has made buying more stuff and getting more stuff into the chief goal of the game. It's pretty fun to think that this is the most self-perpetuating capitalist game on the market. Most games want to be addictive but Pokemon has really let things happen.

So for everyone who claimed to quit Pokemon, has Pokemon Go brought you back?

Ughh the HM. What botters me the most about them is not the fact that I need to have a Pokemon in the party that has all the HM so I can move foward in the games, it is that from the logical point of view, there are pokemon that should be able to do those stuff. For instance, Schynter should be able to use cut regardless having the HM. There is a cartoon that expresses it clearly.
db82bf1bf3e92d7e42014c6fa51a0b18.jpg

Once you've played Pokemon long enough it does start to become boring and repetitive. I think it's a great idea to find new ways to challenge yourself. And I have to agree with Heigw, One really does not simply... quit Pokemon!

I think they should make 1 pokemon game that holds all the different leagues and that way they could also allow you to build your character with friendships and relationships. But that will never happen.

If they did that, they would be loosing so much money from all the different games they could've created over the years. I would actually like to see that happen, but this is just another one of us gamers fantasies.

@YoshiBoy

I think it'd be easier for them to make money out of it. At the end of the day, they can always keep on creating new leagues and adventures, and releasing the games individually and do a compilation every 3 or four leagues.

If they did that, they would be loosing so much money from all the different games they could've created over the years. I would actually like to see that happen, but this is just another one of us gamers fantasies.

It is always unfortunate when the realities of money stand in the way of the fantasies that we have, but that is life I guess. That does sound like a cool idea, and you could go all out and really build a good character, but then again that would not equal profits so it will not happen.

We all come back to Pokémon at some point. Sword and Shield were the first Pokémon games I had played since Generation 3. 15 years I went without playing a newer game.

Although I completed Shield and enjoyed the game I told myself I probably won't buy the Gen 9 games. I'm quite interested in the Gen 4 remakes though; as mentioned I stopped playing at Gen 3 and I've heard nothing but good things about Gen 4 that makes me want to try them for myself.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back