No one is posting in SNES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianDouglas

Come on! It's the coolest Nintendo system of them all. It might not have the very BEST nintendo games, but it had the largest library of decent ones...

Anyone still playing? I do, emulated. What were your favorite games on SNES?

Did you ever play Paper Boy? My dad and I use to play that game all weekend! There was this local gas station that also rented movies and games. I played this one Link game, I forget the name, and some other weird games I rented from there. You are right, the SNES had a pretty decent selection of games!

I think a lot of the members here, including me, are to young to have had experienced the NES in all it's glory.The only game I know on the NES is super mario.

This is for the Super NES! If you can get a hold of some emulators, you can try out the NES and the SNES, they are both classics. Actually, the PlayStation brand was originally going to be a Nintendo thing believe it or not. So, it goes to show, they were the PS before the PSone. =)

That is an interesting fact, why did Playstation ditch Nintendo? I have never played an emulator, I have both NES and Super from my childhood. I can not believe they still work, with all the hours I have played on them.

CD-ROMs were all the rage in the mid-90s, and Sony was tasked with designing the CD-ROM for the next-generation Nintendo system. Sony ended up wanting too much money, so Nintendo switched to Philips and eventually ditched the idea altogether to go with the cartridge format in the system that became the Nintendo 64. Sony used the developed technology to launch the PlayStation, and the rest is history.

I believe they are paying for it to this day - imagine their dominance if they kept with the PS1 prototype, there'd be only Nintendo vs MS, without Sony.

My SNES isn't working at the moment. Sadly, I'm missing a cord for it. I do believe that it's completely functional otherwise, though.
I never played the SNES much as far as I remember. I liked the system but when I was young, we always played the NES.

Whichever games you own, you are apparently allowed to play on your PC. Also, check ebay and cable stores online for the missing cable, you might be shocked how cheap a single part is compared to a full SKU.

Come on! It's the coolest Nintendo system of them all. It might not have the very BEST nintendo games, but it had the largest library of decent ones...

Anyone still playing? I do, emulated. What were your favorite games on SNES?

You know what the problem might be is that most of the members may be of a later generation. Many of the gamers within forums these days started in the ps1/saturn/n64 era at the earliest. And many of them later than that.

So it's not too shocking not many have stuff to say about the Super Nintendo.

Whichever games you own, you are apparently allowed to play on your PC.

It's not so much that you are allowed it's that they've been cloned and widely distributed now. You have to remember the partnership between the game companies and nintendo didn't give nintendo lifelong exclusive rights to games, the companies retained ownership under licensing agreements. Fast forward to now and many of those companies have shut down and their games are just out there. The threat of getting sued is a little lower when the company no longer exists I guess.

Exactly BBFan, and as long as you have the carts for the games you play, you're set regardless.

The SNES was my favorite video game console. I do most of my gaming on PC nowadays but every now and then I dust off the old Super Famicom and play some Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars or Kirby Superstar. Golden age of video gaming, in my opinion.

I don't have many memories with SNES...We had one for a short while when I was a kid, but my brother broke it...so I rarely got to play it and don't even remember the games.

I don't play it any more and it wasn't my favorite console.

I didn't have one of my own for the longest time actually. I had the NES, but my cousins had a SNES. So whenever I would visit them, I would try to talk them into letting me play. Sometimes they would, but for the first year or two, they wouldn't let me at all. I didn't get to play it until they finally lost interest in it, hehe. I loved it.

The SNES still remains one of my favorite consoles of all time. :D I'm currently rebuilding my SNES collection right now. :D Haven't gotten any new games for it in awhile though. Last I bought was Chrono Trigger. :D

Just signed up so add one more retrogamer to the mix! For me this system is the definative gaming system - sure the graphics are dated, the music is very much showing its age but for sheer playability, nothing before or since has come close.

Top 5 Snes games (in no particular order)

Zelda
MarioKart
Streetfighter Turbo
MarioWorld
MarioAllStars

(Yeah - I like Mario)

I played Final Fantasy III for the longest time. I also played a lot of Zelda and Super Metroid. I have an emulator, but sometimes, I just pull out my old system and hook that up instead, it's just a lot better, at least in my opinion.

I agree, the actual systems are a lot better than emulators, nothing compares to plugging in a cartridge with an SNES controller and playing away :)

Playing the old games on the WII is pretty much the same IMO. I have noticed that the classic WII controller might be a tad more sluggesh then the SNES controllers.I am very thankful that WII gave me the option of downloading the classics. Without that option, I may have never been able to play those games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back