Now I own a NDS sooooo what do I buy?

JoanMcWench

Playing
NES
As I mentioned in a different thread, I wanted to own the Adventure Time game but did not own a NDS yet. Now I own one! Yay! Always ahead of the game :blink:

So, what's next? Are there any must have games I should pick up or any accessories that are not nonsense (like a case for the pens)? I like to have the least amount of unnecessary things I can.

Well I think the new Adventure Time game is only out on the 3DS. I think there is an older game you can get for the regular DS.

@averus: I know. ESPECIALLY New Super Mario Bros. I lose myself in that one.

Anything obscure you can suggest? I got a list from another member but I was looking for a rating of the game (if it's obscure) and synopsis. I like the games that never were popular but should have been :p

I actually picked up a title I found before checking into it and it turned out to be quite entertaining. I think the name might have been the reason for the quick purchase:

Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwYRmjQhHhQ

Hilariously entertaining. I feel like I am not fully utilizing a system I just bought. There are a lot of new things I'm coming to learn. Like those damn stylus moves. Driving me insane.

I like Animal Crossing cause it's fun to play do stuff around like talk to your animal friends and upgrade your house. You can go mining and stuff you can be good or bad in it I guess depending on your personality people will treat you the way you treat them. It's like a real life worldish. Yeah i sucked at explaining game but yeah give it a try you will get addicted to it

What types of games do you normally play? Like what kinds of genres do you like?
Some general games I'd recommend are
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors- For a horror/thriller game that isn't too scary and has a good plot and several endings.
Animal Crossing: Wild World- For a laid back game to play to pass the time(you'll soon become addicted and it will take up your time).
Harvest Moon series games- These game puts farming, mining, and marriage all into one. There's a nice, loosely emphasized plot to follow as you go day to day doing your daily activities such a growing and selling crops, mining for ores, buying and crafting various tools and house appliances, and courting villagers for marriage.
Rune Factory 3- There's no specific reason I chose the third one to mention, I just like it better. The others are great too. This game is like harvest moon, although there's an added battle element and the graphics are different.

Hey, don't forget Professor Layton and Ace Attorney :)
They are both great and fun games to play ;)

Also, the Final Fantasy games available for NDS are cool if you like turn based RPGs :)

Hey, don't forget Professor Layton and Ace Attorney :)
They are both great and fun games to play ;)

Also, the Final Fantasy games available for NDS are cool if you like turn based RPGs :)
Oh yeah! Oh man I totally forgot about them, especially with the new vs games that features the both of them. How dare I xD

There's also Pokemon to consider, since you're talking about turn-based. I'd suggest going straight for Platinum.
And Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, because the Pokemon series are great.

Some other games I may have missed are:
Monster Rancher DS: It was pretty fun and cute. I don't remember much except raising monsters on my farm and tournaments, but it was one of my first DS games and I had a lot of fun.
Fossil Hunters: You get to excavate fossils and then revive them to make them battle each other! Who wouldn't want to see dinosaurs alive again. The battle-system is pretty great, you have 3 dinosaurs vs 3 dinosaurs and each of them have different moves depending on strategy. The excavating system is really fun too. It's a lot like Pokemon Spelunking in the 4th gen games

Yes, those are really great games for the DS. I loved Monster Rancher on the GBA, but never played the DS version. I suppose it's great too?

Nintendo offers so many good games for their consoles. That's why Nintendo players aren't snobs, and we all love good games, not just good graphics.

Many nintendo gamers are snobs though xD
People who use games to determine the competition are snobs that can't realize it's just competitive marketing

I actually picked up a title I found before checking into it and it turned out to be quite entertaining. I think the name might have been the reason for the quick purchase:

Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

Yeah, Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ is a title I've always wanted to pick up for the Nintendo DS. There was very little fanfare about this game but I heard that it was quite good. Another obscure title, but it's a Japanese import is Ketsui: Death Label from Cave. It's a bullet hell shmup based on the original arcade game but it doesn't include the full stages. It's restricted to a boss rush as the DS couldn't handle the game in it's entirety. Nevertheless, it's a great game that is highly addictive.

Latest threads

Back