Obscure PC Games From The Past

DrRipley

This thread is for games on PC from the days pre-Playstation, I guess, would be the best way to put it. Basically 80's and 90's PC games that weren't Doom that you played back then when PCs weren't powerful enough for heavy graphics yet.

I vaguely remember having so much fun playing SimCopter. It was just a simple game where you are tasked with stopping riots, putting out fires and catching criminals with the use of a helicopter.

What were some of your favorite obscure PC games from the past?

Home.

I'm not really aware of whether or not this was for anything other than the PC but it was definitely obscure. I may have been a fan more for the look of the game than the game itself but both were entertaining.

Rick Dangerous 1 & 2 on MS-DOS were two platformers that come to mind. They were British-developed games that first appeared on 8-bit & 16-bit microcomputers that were popular in Europe. These were also released on the PC but didn't enjoy the same level of fanfare. Platformers and arcade-style games were incredibly niche on the PC back then (guess not much has changed). Anyway, these were pretty good ports and still have my original copies on 3.5" floppy disks. ;)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back