Order of playing the Metroid Prime trilogy?

Rico

Playing
Wii
Metroid Prime: Corruption was on sale for a very cheap price so I decided to buy it (heard it was a great game). My question is, do you have to play the previous games in order to enjoy Corruption? Or does each game have their own story making them stand on their own?

They all suck ass, so it doesn't matter which one you play first.

Really? What's so bad about them? All three games have been well received.

Corruption (and the whole Prime series is great). You do not have to play Prime and Echoes to enjoy Corruption. Maybe you should try to get Metroid Prime Trilogy, which compiletes the three games, and updates Prime and Echoes.

i always heard the beef was the backtracking, but every Metroid i've played there was backtracking. Just like Zelda. I've never played the prime Trilogy at all, i love Other M and just finished Super Metroid. i'd love to know what about Trilogy is hard to like. i plan on getting it eventually

Really what is not to like?

dustinb12 said:
Really what is not to like?

Since the Prime games are first-person, there is no jumping. Well, there is, but it's the weird FPS-type jumping where you don't see where the heck you land. Platforming is an essential part of Metroid, and the execution of jumping controls in the 2D Metroid was flawless. That had to do away with it in Prime, because jumping in FPS games is pretty much a lost cause, but they still kept the platforming challenges, which were super annoying to play.

Donkey Punch said:
They all suck ass, so it doesn't matter which one you play first.
That's a lie. Anyway, I recommend 1, then 2, then 3, if only because it's the chronological order.

I'd say chronological order, because there is a coherent story throughout the series, but if you wanted to you could just play Metroid Prime 2 and 3 and you'd be alright for most of it. In fact, if you really wanted, since you only have Corruption, you could just read about the others on Wikipedia or something, and play the one you have, but I would recommend trying to find the Trilogy on the wii.

Rico said:
Really? What's so bad about them? All three games have been well received.

Nothing is wrong with the original MP games, they are excellent, fun experiences Play them all in order, OP.

I would say play the first two if you want some back story, but it's not really needed. You can enjoy Corruption all the same without playing any of the others. I would however, go back and play the other two after. Trust me, you won't be able to resist.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back