Ouya review

Shane

From
Illinois
The Ouya (pronounced "Lord of my life") is the best console ever created. Not only does it save you 400% on your console bill, it creates world peace - because if everyone bought one, there would be no more console wars, no more fighting, no more calling people babies.

Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a silver power called Ouya lay hidden. It was a prosperous land blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace.

But one day, men of great evil created other consoles. With strength at their command, darkness spread across the kingdom, and console wars were fought. But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand...

...a young forumer appeared. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark ones away and gave the land light.

This forumer, was known as the Hero of Ouya Masterrace. The forumer's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend... But then, a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom. The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the hero once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume its dark designs. In other words, new consoles got released.

Score: 9001/10

Okay, so the Ouya was a good console in theory. It allowed a system for people to both play and develop for. Every Ouya console was a dev kit. The tegra 3 chip it had was pretty good for its time. But, it outdated in a couple years because it wasn't top of the line, and they failed to create a new console and sold themselves to Razer.

Indie games are usually fun, but 80% of the content was something made in paint.

My actual score: 4.4/10

Great concept, bad executions.

Last edited:
Meh, no one finds my humor funny, so I might as well try to be serious......

I bought an Ouya with the purpose of developing for it back when, but it was a lost cause. It's fun to make jokes about Ouya, and it had some fun games, but it became a huge waste of money.

A better set-top box for gaming would be the NVIDIA Shield console.

Even the Fire TV was better I feel, with its Sev Zero game and a bunch of features. I had one of those as well.

But since we often do reviews from the past, I thought I would take a jab at this.

Well you develop the game for PC then port it to Ouya at like no extra cost, assuming you had an Ouya.

I believe all the ported games are on Razer now though.

Only other thing like this ive heard is i had RPG maker for PS1 and smilebasic for 2ds.

Back