Pokemon Go for the Wii U

joshposh

Banned
Playing
Virtual Boy
If Nintendo wanted to squeeze out a few more years out of the Wii U they should really consider using the tablet on the Wii U as another playable format with custom features not found anywhere else. The trend is set and the content is now viral to epic proportions. Might as well cash in and take advantage of the sensation that is Pokemon Go.

Once this thing hits the global scene it's going to be insane.

How would that even work? .. and I don't think they want to squeeze any more years out of the Wii U. If anything, Pokemon GO and the recent announcement of the NES Classic has been very helpful at putting Nintendo once again at the forefront of conversation, especially for casual gamers. The word of mouth, social media, news media has been very helpful and I see this as momentum for the NX in March 0f 2017.

I really cannot see why they would do this or if it would make sense, but I guess I have faith in the people at Nintendo to create something unique. My trust in them to do so has gone down in the recent past a little bit, but they are still a very reputable company in my eyes and I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I am curious to see what we get, and thanks for sharing.

Stupid is to make one liner post and with no further explanation.

Look, if they have a hit title on mobile, why not squeeze a few more months out of the tablet of the Wii U by add it to the Library and see where it goes from there. If they sold a few thousand more units of the Wii U, it would make a lot of sense. It's business. If you have a product that is not being moved, then you are losing money. There are crazy followers of the game that will buy it.

Yes put it on Wii U and use the gamepads 20 foot range to find rare Pokemon behind the sofa and next to the fridge. Brilliant. What a joy that would be for a whole 97 seconds.

No what they could do is have Pokemon Go have a digital amiibo like functionality for a full fledged Pokemon game on NX. Similar to amiibo functionality of bonus items but with the Pokemon you caught with Pokemon Go linking your phone to the NX. Just putting Pokemon Go on Wii U makes no fucking sense. It cannot work as just the app on Wii U.

Yes. As anyone who owns a Wii U is aware of, the Gamepad relies on the Wii U console, and is only a wireless screen built into a controller. The controller has a direct wireless connection to the Wii U and so must be within range - maybe a floor away, maybe only one room away. It doesn't work with any form of repeater. Consequently, the Gamepad cannot really be used outside house the Wii U is in.

Plus the camera is front facing, and there is no camera on the back which would be necessary for Pokemon Go's AR mode.

These are basic facts, and the reason for the negative criticism against you is because we consider these facts to be as well known as third-grade math.

Wow. In support of joshposh, these forums can be tense. Why can't people just talk about the what-if's? I do it all the time and no one gets mad at me.

What-if's should have some basis in reality, or at least acknowledge restrictions that have to be dealt with.

Well I don't think that it will be a good idea, but that's only because I don't believe that Nintendo want to increase the life of the Wii U with the NX coming out in the first place, and if anything they will be wanting to stop people buying it and start saving for the new one when that hit's the shelves.

Pokemon GO as only been out about a week here in the UK, and it's already been a success, and I think that Nintendo will now be able to sit back and bask in their glory while they gear up for the release of the NX, and the Wii U won't be at the forefront of their minds ever again I shouldn't imagine so a Wii U version of Pokemon GO seems highly unlikely in my opinion.

What-if's should have some basis in reality, or at least acknowledge restrictions that have to be dealt with.
2JLBPHG.png

nuIakia.png

giphy.gif

nmlFC0r.gif

I'm not sure that this would work nearly as well as mobile phones. The idea of Pokemon Go is to get out of the house and refer to your map. I would hate to see Pokemon Go featured in any other way. The only way I could see this working is if the Wii made a mobile device that allowed you to play in the real world, but then come back to your wii and load your pokemon onto the console. I could see this being fun, but it would be such a long process until the game is released. If they haven't hopped onto the band wagon yet, it probably won't happen.

Although I don't see Pokemon Go's popularity dwindling any time soon, it would probably die out a bit before the wii could release anything worth looking into.

Wow. In support of joshposh, these forums can be tense. Why can't people just talk about the what-if's? I do it all the time and no one gets mad at me.

Yup. It's the reason why people tend to not post because of this type of responses. Good job guys. Thanks for making this a unfriendly forum experience.

Well joshposh, we talked about this extensively in the Off-Topic board and decided everyone has a different opinion and forums were more about expressing opinions than making friends sometimes. I prefer to be neutral to this view, neither accepting it nor rejecting it. Now if you ever do want a friend who will accept your views, I'm here. I've actually stood up for you pretty hard, I think... just because you may not have seen every time I did, doesn't mean I haven't done so.

This reminds me of how when it launched, there was a model of the PlayStation Vita that supported 3G. I don't know how well it sold or anything like that, but it's interesting to think about how if there was a 3G/LTE 3DS model, that would be a really cool features.

Though if there was a way to make it work on Wii U, I think that would pretty cool as well.

Latency would be a bitch. Plus data caps.

3g Vita was dropped only a couple months after launch. It was pretty much a disaster. Vita itself does well in Japan but not the 3G model. It wasn't just the fact it was At&T but people don't want phone contracts for gaming handhelds. Ngage and Gizmodo and Vita proved that.

I absolutely understand. It was definitely a cool concept but it also wasn't implemented well at all. Maybe if they worked with all networks and you could just add it to your regular plan, but even then I doubt most people would be willing to add a game console to their plan like you would another cell phone. It's far more practical to just have your cell phone then that.

I really cannot see why they would do this or if it would make sense, but I guess I have faith in the people at Nintendo to create something unique. My trust in them to do so has gone down in the recent past a little bit, but they are still a very reputable company in my eyes and I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I am curious to see what we get, and thanks for sharing.

For the money, you have to know that. all of these consoles that have come up with dozens of ways to get the most money out of their consoles is something that's not unknown to the gaming community. I really want to see what we'll get also...it's never fun waiting around for months or years to pass before we get a release.

Latest threads

Back