Prediction: 40m by 2020

Shane

From
Illinois
A research firm has made a prediction that the Switch will sell 40 million console units by 2020, which would be nearly 3 times what Wii U sold.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-to-sell-40m-units-by-2020-dfc.

What are your thoughts? Do you think that number sounds low, about right, or too high?

Here is what I think: That Nintendo will achieve that number by also making a cheaper version of Switch without the Dock in order to replace the 3DS. Sure there are rumors of them flat out replacing the 3DS with a newly designed system, but why when you can probably modify a current design? That's just my 2 cents.

I personally think it's high. I'm expecting 30 million, at best really. There doesn't seem to be enough hype right now to be that optimistic. They also keep acting like they're going to keep the 3DS long term, which does not instill confidence in the switch being supported better than the wii u.

^ Agreed. I think it'll do better than Wii U but I doubt it'll do 40 million. Could be wrong, though.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back