Proudest Puzzle-Solving Moments

Hyrule Chicken

From
Canada
Playing
Super NES
Without posting spoilers or how you eventually solved it, tell me which puzzle or level made you the happiest to finally figure out and get past?

Mine is, without a doubt, this moment in the Legend of Zelda on the NES:

grumble%20grumble_zpsmcw7wkdu.png

Back when it first came out, this whole Internet thing wasn't around, so we had to rely on trial-and-error. I worked on this puzzle for a loooooong time before I finally put it together and found the solution, and went "OF COURSE!" because it's super obvious when it hits you!

Anyone else remember having these proud moments?

Every LoZ moment was my proudest. In the case of grumble grumble above, I just started giving that beast every item I had in my inventory, including some boomerangs and few good sword stabs.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this one, from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:

228px-Water-Temple_zps04yc0pfa.jpg

Was the Water Temple really the worst Zelda level ever? I remember playing Ocarina of Time on the N64 and eventually passing it, but I don't necessarily remember raging hardcore about it. It wasn't until the internet and memes that I found out that people really hate this level.

What are everyone's thoughts on it?

Last edited:
For me, it would have to be finally figuring out the Lost Woods in The Legend of Zelda on NES.
I roamed endlessly, screen-by-screen, to the point where I actually thought the game was broken.
I couldn't figure out how it kept bringing me back to the beginning. Why was I not getting anywhere?
Of course there's a specific order that's revealed to you by paying a very sneaky merchant, but being pre-Internet, I had no clue and it took me forever to figure it out!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back