Question about System Transfer

Nealmp

Playing
3DS
This is most likely the wrong place to post this. But i m not sure where to look for the answer.

I just bought a new system (newer gen 3ds XL) and I want to transfer my system data to the new system.

I don't have much data on my old system, just Pokemon saves (digital copy of Pokemon y and virtual Pokemon yellow) that I care about.

Both of these I cannot manually transfer saved datas to SD card, and so I am worried that if I do a system transfer I will lose my saved data. I did put my rarer Pokemon in my pokebank to be on the safe side if something messes up but I cannot do this for the virtual game yet.

So my question is will the saved files for the Pokemon games transfer? I could do the wireless transfer but my current wireless connection is spotty, and as I've read it can take up to 4 hours to complete the transfer depending on how much data is on the system.

Also note: I only have one SD card between the two systems. Not sure if that's an issue.

Doing the transfer now. Got a friend to take my Pokemon off yellow during transfer. There was a pop up message that said which game saved would be unusable after transfer and it was a game I never play (but not either pokemon game) so crossing fingers that the transfer goes well.

Hello Nealmp and welcome to the forum. :) Unfortunately I don't know much about the 3DS, but I'm guessing that it will transfer over alright since you said that the pop-up message didn't say the Pokemon games wouldn't transfer. I'm sorry that I can't be of more assistance, I wish I could be. :( But I wish you the best of luck on your Pokemon Y and Pokemon Yellow games transferring over to your new system alright.

How did the transfer go? Hope it went well!
I own a 2DS but I never had to transfer systems, so I don't know much about it, but it seems a little complicated to do so, if there's the option of losing your saved data :eek:

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...iOVpjckZhTW0iLCJzZXNzaW9uSUQiOiJ5NDlnRmFNbSJ9

i was kind of checking this out and came across this. I hope it helps you out. I have no experience with the Pokebank, but i will say i did a wireless transfer from my 3ds to New 3ds XL and with pretty decent wi-fi, it took about an hour. As far as can tell i had no issues, but all my downloaded games are VC. Nothing big. Good luck and please let us know how this goes so we'll all know.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back