Rawr!

Shane

From
Illinois
So I realize that I have been hypersensitive the past week. But I'm getting back on my feet and am forming a hard exterior around myself. I've realized not to rely on others for my satisfaction because it just makes me hypersensitive. I'm not going to rely on friends, family, the weird things psychologists tell me sometimes, enemies, relationships, God, or any other deity which may or may not exist, to get me through things. Just myself. In fact, I have always wanted a good computer but whenever I buy one, it turns out to not be what I wanted, whether I didn't research enough or whatever happened. I have some money, so maybe I will create a thread asking for computer advice and work on that. Maybe get my mind off self-drama a little.

How cheap do you think I can build a mini-ITX gaming PC?

I can't do $1300, but I might be able to do $750.

Hmm, it should still be easily doable. An i3 would be fine, a Pentium or AMD should also work. Don't really need a ssd... I presume Daz will still work if you are okay with Windows 7. Plus the $1,300 is Canadian so there's a Maple Tax

I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really check, but would whatever the top of the line AMD APU is be powerful enough? Then you wouldn't need to buy a gpu.

I looked it up and the 7890k AMD APU might be enough. I wonder how small of a case it can fit in? I know nothing about the size of its Wraith cooler. One thing is for sure though. It will save me some money and get me below $750.

Hmm, pretty small but it might have to be slightly taller. I think Newegg has a couple really tiny ones with good ventilation. You would need to lose the dvd drive to make it smaller.

How's this? http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZNtmqk
It uses the APU you picked out. The case is pretty small but should have enough ventilation. It has a hard drive, but since the build is only about $500 you should be able to upgrade to a SSD. I still have to find the height of the wraith cooler.

...and I don't know if the motherboard restricts overclocking. It might be risky with the case. maybe this one? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811148068

Last edited:

Latest threads

Back