Recent Gamestop trip

Shane

From
Illinois
I traded off Mario Maker because I got bored with it. I thought it was a really well made game and I gave it a good review. It's fun in shorts bursts. However, as many ways as I try to slice it, it just isn't for me.

I've made real games before and it's frustrating. Playing Mario Maker is pretty much the same as working a real 2d level editor in theory and it brings back memories of that frustration. Playing levels is fun, but I still feel the customization options are too limited.

At the same time, it's a tremendous effort in the right direction. But playing it for a little while was enough for me.

I prefer games that aren't too mellow, mellow like Mario Maker is, but also aren't too heart pounding, heart pounding like Star Fox Zero is. Something in the straight middle like Zelda twilight princess.

Speaking of Star Fox, I traded it too. I just couldn't get used to the controls.

I traded in Sonic Boom because I experienced a game breaking glitch.

I traded in Wooly World as well. I have nothing to complain about the content of this game, I just beat it and figured it was time to trade it.

So I traded:

Yoshi Wooly World
Star Fox Zero/Guard
Sonic Boom
Mario Maker

And picked up:

Xenoblade X
Twilight Princess HD with Wolf Link amiibo
$20 eshop card to run through Metroid Prime Trilogy again
Renewal of my $15 1-year Gamestop Powerup Pro, to save money in the long run.

At least I'm not trading systems anymore, really.

So do you think I did well?

Last edited:
not bad at all. i tend to try to keep my stuff, the one time i did trade ins, i felt i really got robbed. The only one that bugs me is Mario Maker: Are you sure they won't do some updates and add more content later like Splatoon? I do agree with you, there is a lot of things missing from this game.

Let us know about Xenoblade, it looks awesome.

Yeah, at least you aren't trading systems. Trading games is far less harsh on the wallet overall.

Xenoblade X is a good game. While the basic game systems are similar to Xenoblade Chronicles, the overarching game design is definitely different. My favorite game on the system. Just don't be afraid to google things.

^ I felt that Xenoblade 1 was good and solid, yet slightly overhyped. The Last Story was better, in my opinion.

However, it just feels like this game may be more my cup of tea. Xenoblade X, that is.

I'm thrilled beyond belief with my Twilight Princess HD pickup. Maybe it's just my TV kicking some rear end, but the graphics are better than I expected. They don't look all muddy like a GameCube/Wii 1 game. The improvement from the Wii version of the game to the Wii U version, feels almost as drastic as going from Majora's Mask N64 to the same game 3DS. Almost.

Last edited:
I started playing Xenoblade X. It definitely has a Xenoblade Chronicles Wii feel to it, but better graphics. I'm liking this game so far. Already, I would easily rate it 8.5+/10 and I haven't gotten far and I am extremely picky when it comes to RPGs. I can easily see myself losing myself in this game for 60-100 hours.

I'd say you should buy it for two reasons: 1. Good quality game, 2. Length

I'm thrilled beyond belief with my Twilight Princess HD pickup. Maybe it's just my TV kicking some rear end, but the graphics are better than I expected. They don't look all muddy like a GameCube/Wii 1 game. The improvement from the Wii version of the game to the Wii U version, feels almost as drastic as going from Majora's Mask N64 to the same game 3DS. Almost.

i agree with you on that entire post 1000%. The sound is fantastic as well. It just didn't knock the ball as far outta the park as MM3D. Still awesome pickup though.

You really have me interested in XCX. I gotta try something different

^ XCX Is the most expertly handcrafted open world ever. Even down to the small details of scaling the cliffs as sorta kinda puzzle platforming before you have a skell. Made it in my top games of all time personally. (it aint no Scrub list. Ys 1,Shenmue 1,Dungeons & Dragons Msytara,Dragon's Crown,Guardian Heres and Xenoblade X)

^ Segata knows his games. Although it may not seem like that because he is the kind of guy who's a bit hard to take at times and underappreciated, no offense, when he speaks about games, you listen. Everyone has their opinions, but disagreeing with him about games is like disagreeing with the Pope about religion - it happens, it's just something you don't want to do. I'm just making this post for those of you who don't really know Segata and might dismiss his opinion when you shouldn't.

Okay, this will be my last post sucking up.

As far as traded deals go, I think you did really well with that result to be honest. At the end if the day, if your happy with your trade then that's all that matters.

At the end of the post though, you said "at least your not trading systems anymore" can I just ask what you meant by that?

^ When I was working on my mental health, I used to trade game systems all the time for other ones because I would get extra bored and not appreciate what I had. XBox One, PS4, Wii U, I traded them all.

That's expensive. I did a little trading, but I always lost a lot on the trades because I could never get back what I paid.

I just don't know how I feel about my trade. Some day I might miss Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero, but at the same time had I not traded, I may never had played Xenoblade X, my favorite game. Just because the opportunity didn't call for it. It's funny how things work out.

But that's the beauty about being able to trade games though. If you do miss a game that you've traded for something else, then just get another copy of it.

I dint trade games much anymore, but in the past I've ended up trading and then getting back a game a couple of times at least.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back