Samus and Distraction

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Do you guys think that the sexy image of Samus can sometimes be a distraction? I like the fact she is a strong willed protagonist, who can do a "man's" job. The thing is, did they really have to beautify her? Just a curious thought I had the other day. What do you guys think?

I don't get the issue. It's not any worse then Commander Shepherd's outfit or all the fighting games with half naked creatures or Lollipop Chainsaw or a thousand other examples. I guess it just isn't a factor for me because metroids...

You're not going to say Metroids are hot are you? Hahahahah. I think it's not really a big issue either, but I just wonder about putting effort into different aspects of the game.

Metroids are so flipping hot dude... seriously though dying beats T&A any day. So yeah, I am generally a lot more concern with not being murdered versus digitals curves or whatever.

Point well taken. I don't notice anything on the female characters while I'm dodging bullets meant to split my cyber skull!

Yea, not sure Metroid is a great example of sexual distraction in a video game. Especially when you have soooo many other unabashed examples. Perhaps...
Ms%20Pac%20Man.png

Too rich for my blood. :p

Uhhhh, I didn't even know Samus was a girl in Super Metroid until many years later. I don't see how she's that distracting unless youre playing the games where she wears her zero suit. Now Miss Pacman on the other hand..she's my perfect woman.

I don't see the problem really. Would you rather she be an ugly, overweight character, and ponder even more about how she manages to fit herself inside of the morph ball?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back