Scarlett Johansson as Samus in the Metroid movie

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Playing
GameCube
This is the official topic dedicated to the undisputed fact that Scarlett Johansson is the only and most obvious candidate to play the role of Samus in the Metroid movie. Just sayin'.

gNBAbVB.jpg

F4W7PYV.jpg

Attachments

• F4W7PYV.jpg
    F4W7PYV.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1
  • gNBAbVB.jpg
    gNBAbVB.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
I, personally, would have preferred Jennifer Lawrence. Or Uma Thurman about ten years ago. Not a fan of Johannson's acting chops. Lacking for me in the right attitude.

Scarlett?
Oh puh-lease, she's not even beautiful, just has big boobs.

I'd love to see Jennifer Lawrence as Samus. Would be perfect for that role :rolleyes:

Wow definitely disagree, Scarlett is stunning!

I don't picture Jennifer Lawrence in that role actually..

How about them both :rolleyes:
Squeezing into that armor... Skin to skin... :rolleyes:

Aaaanyway... I thought of Mary Elizabeth Winstead...
But I love to see her in any role so... My opinion is probably not very relevant :rolleyes:

i like. Scarlett can handle the emotional side of Samus, personally I'm sick of Lawrence

Well, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is an interesting idea. At the very least it's a lore more original than Johannson. The most dramatic acting I've seen come out of that woman is in Her where she plays a voice that HAS to be emotional to compensate for the lack of physical characteristics showing emotion.

That first picture makes her look like Hillary Duff back on Lindsey McGuire. And for that reason alone I support whatever this topic actually happens to be about. That said I cannot even imagine the train wreak a Metroid movie would end up being. Well I can, but I don't actually want to right now.

JoanMcWench said:
Well, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is an interesting idea. At the very least it's a lore more original than Johannson. The most dramatic acting I've seen come out of that woman is in Her where she plays a voice that HAS to be emotional to compensate for the lack of physical characteristics showing emotion.
i thought she was great in "Lost in Translation"

Scarlett Johansson would be one of the first names that comes to mind when casting Samus, but I wouldn't go so far as to crown her as undisputedly the only and obvious choice.

Other names that come to mind for hypothetically filling that role include: Lena Headey, Charlize Theron, Katee Sackhoff, Natalie Portman, Tricia Helfer, Kristanna Loken, Milla Jovovich, Jaimie Alexander, and others in that vain.

I agree with you, it's probably silly to focus on one actress only. There are plenty of good actresses that could play the role and deliver it beautifully :)

I laughed at the original posters posters. I agree though, her face does suit it. And that wasn't a pun. At least it wasn't intended to be.

Though, I'd prefer to see a CGI movie or Resident Evil: Degeneration type animation style for the Metroid movie. I think live action would suck, so you can remedy that by animating instead to have more leeway for what is about to happen or which way she jumps, as well as the fight with the brains.

Yeah, not so sure about Rousey taking the part. She has the look and the physical toughness, but it seems rather foolish to trust what could be an enormous franchise to someone who has little to no demonstrable acting experience. I'd rather see Katie Sackhoff take the role - she has the look, the physicality, and the acting experience.

Ideally, I would most like to see Charlize Theron in the lead role of a hypothetical Metroid movie--even if that choice is a little too obvious and on-the-nose. However, I would be quite happy seeing Katie Sackhoff as Samus based upon her performance as the revamped Battlestar Galactica's Starbuck. I would question whether or not a studio would be willing to cast an actress who isn't more of a prominent A-lister, but on the other hand at least Sackhoff is a proven actress first and not an unproven MMA fighter toying with acting!

I like Scarlett for the role. She's beautiful and I also loved her in Lost In Translation, which someone mentioned up there. I think she would make an amazing Samus.

I'd just like a live action Samus, we can quibble over who it needs to be once it is confirmed to be a thing :D

Latest threads

Back