Should Nintendo Start Competing?

Of course, graphics aren't the main factor in games, but as Edware said - it's always nice to have better graphics.
I don't mean improving graphics in Mario and such games, but just giving the player the option to play them, but play PS and XboxOne type of games too, without having to buy another console.

Nintendo is and always was my favorite gaming platform and I always liked their games. I won't mind if they stay family-oriented.
But I'd definitely play the hell out of some more serious and popular games too if I could run them on a Nintendo console.

absolutly!

look at the SNES and NES when SEGA was around Nintendo pulled all the stops to get the best hardware out

the lack of competition now is causing nintendo to lose allot of 3rd party games

Better graphics are nice but what I care about is nintendo's super unique gameplay. If they could perserve that and compete i'd be all for it.

Although I would love having a more powerful console, I don't think its in Nintendo's best interests to do so. For now, they are appealing to a broader audience than the Xbox or Playstation, and to increase the production costs would mean to increase the price of the console. I don't think more casual gamers want to shell out 400-500 bucks for a console, so they tend to stick with the WiiU at 300 bucks. Plus, Nintendo games usually don't have a graphically intensive style, as they are usually cartoony and not very realistic, so the hardware might be a waste for the 1st party games, which are the best sellers for Nintendo.

No way. Nintendo needs to continue doing what they are doing. Let Microsoft and Sony battle it out with power and superior graphics. Nintendo needs to focus on innovating and creating fun and entertaining games. I don't need to play as a life like Mario. I want to play games that look great and are fun. I made the Wii U my first Next Gen console because they were cheaper than the other systems, and they actually have games out that I want to play!

Nintendo is first and foremost a Japanese company and have completely different sensibility to the likes of Microsoft. At the end of the day they make better consoles than Microsoft, just look at the failure rate of products coming out from both companies. A more powerful console does not automatically mean that it's better. What gamers and particularly Nintendo fans want is a damn good game machine with great titles.

Nintendo should try to lure in more 3rd-party developers with a system that is easy to develop for. Great support and development tools is what they need to offer and everything else will fall into place.

I do not really care that much for 3rd party games. Nintendo's first party games are where it's at!

I wish. I don't see how much longer they can go on like this.

Latest threads

Back