Should Sonic become a different type of game?

YoshiBoy

Playing
Game Boy Advance
I have always noticed the Sonic The Hedgehog has been pretty much the same through out the years, as far as I know.

I think maybe Sonic could do something like Ratchet And Clank, give him a partner and go around shooting up other characters, or maybe a much more better adventure game that has nothing to do with the game play we see these days.

Does anyone think Sonic should stay the same or change. I'm a big Sonic fan, but I never hear anything about him anymore.

No. Mario is the same through the years by that logic. Sonic Mania looks great

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I think there is a whole generation that identifies itself with that image. It would be good to see sega back in the console wars but they are focused in other areas now.

Well I certainly think that anytime you can switch things up it is probably a good thing. That said, though, you also have to keep in mind the whole idea of "if it isn't broke don't fix it", so maybe there is a nice little balance there to be reached. I agree though, I think that it has been a lot of the same and I for one would welcome a little change. I guess we shall wait and see if we get anything, though.

Sonic changes all the time and almost never well. In Sonic Adventure 1, it introduced treasure-hunting and fishing. In Sonic Heroes, they went with teamwork based gameplay. In Sonic Boom, they seemed to sort of copy Skylanders, but without the interactive toys.

The only time it does well is when it keeps simple and stays in the 80s-90s. Sonic Generations, Sonic Lost World, and a bunch of other good ones held true to that. Keeping simple and eliminating an overworld is also why some critics say Sonic Adventure 2 was a little better than Sonic Adventure 1.

^ That and when Sonic does proper level design. Not just running in a straight line with a pit for difficulty. Sonic used to have branching paths and was about gaining momentum but was not about going fast. Since SA the series wants to be speed only.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back