Spin off for Vigilante

Jack Lovejoy

From
California (Originally from Korea)
Playing
Wii
Hey guys, I am starting to think about a little mini series. I was thinking that I would make an RPG for vigilante and have a different art direction. The games will be more lighthearted than the main series and have a lot of comedy in them and the characters will be chibi characters, adding cuteness factor. Don't worry, this isn't canon to the main series, but here is an example of dialog for the characters.

Breaking the Fourth Wall

[Grace]: Jack! A large monster made of bacon is heading this way and it is leaking acidic grease! Also it has unicorns flying out of it's mouth
[Jack]: What the f- (Sighs and facepalms) (Jack turns to the camera) You know what, give me that goddamn camera.
[Cameraman]: Hey! Youre not supposed to do this (Camera gets taken by Jack and faces the camera towards the bacon monster)
[Jack]: Seriously writers? Is that what you came up with? A bacon monster? I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore.. And what is with the goddamn unicorns? Are you high or something?
[Writer]: Alright then Jack, what can you think of?
[Jack]: Can you not make it related to something ridiculous like bacon? And who the hell even thought about the f##king unicorns?
[Grace]: Uh... (Raises hand awkwardly) Me?
[Jack]: (Sighs) Alright then, let's get this s##t over with (Throws the camera away)

I may like the spin-off better than the main game!

Just kidding. Maybe.

idk but isn't that taking it a bit to far? Like taking the camera and also mentioning the writers. But hey it works in some games! Also are you Planning on having swear words in the actual game? Something makes me think that would not go over well with a ton of people..

@Nomekop I've seen other stuff do this about the writers and the camera. Generally to do something like this is to break the belief of the game, which is bad, but if you do it over the top enough, like in a game like Disgaea 3, people actually appreciate it.

In other words, it's okay to break the belief in a really wacky game, but not a serious.

It's also okay to be controversial, like Bayonetta or Pandora's Tower, just know that less kids will play it and there is such a thing as being too controversial. What's more controversial is the main game Jack posted where the main character cannibalizes the enemy. It might be too far for some, but it's only borderline for me.

I don't know... it just seems like your game is getting Adults Only rated. There are people out there who would even object to a demon eating a human.

You might want to tone it down just a little. It might be okay with me, but others have brought up the content of your stories before as well. Best to stick on the safe side. I say, maybe keep the cussing, but remove the cannibalism and in the scene where Jack scatters organs, just show dead bodies instead of organs strung everywhere.

Reading over some of the comments in fact, it seems like most of the forum would rather have you make a T rated than M rated game. I could be wrong.

Latest threads

Back