Star Control 2

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Please tell me you guys have played this one! SC2 remains as one of the best games ever made. I originally played when the game was loaded off of floppy discs and a 486 processor was plenty fast. The action, story, and drama made this game memorable to this day. Any other people remember this one?
Note: They also released this game on 3DO, with the addition of voice overs for the aliens.

No, I'm not that old haha. Why is the game about? The only really old PC games I have played are Arena and Daggerfall. Other than that, I have pretty much only played PC games from the 2Ks

It's a sci-fi game, that puts the player in the aftermath of a war between the Alliance and the Hierarchy (the alliance lost the war). The original Star Control was an action strategy game on the Sega Genesis, but 2 is much more in depth. Basically, you have to rebuild the alliance through diplomacy and searching the planets for special items. Sometimes you even have to trick your enemies with cunning. In order to get money, you have to collect resources from the planets and in order to get ship upgrades, you have to collect animal life and trade it to a merchant species. The goal of the same it to find the Hierarchy's ancient super battleship and destroy it.
The decisions you make will effect how other races look on you. This game has plenty of action, and you often don't know who you can trust. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who is a sci-fi fan, and to people who are adventure game fans.

That actually sounds extremely fun! But I probably have no way of getting my hands on it

Banjo, you could track down a 3DO for cheap and get the game. Another option is downloading it, which I believe is free. Try "The Pages of Now and Forever", which allows you to download the 3DO version for free. It's well worth the time.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back