Super Mario Maker - A Legend of Zelda Version?

Hyrule Chicken

From
Canada
Playing
Super NES
I'm sure you all know about Super Mario Maker for the Wii U, how cool it is it make your own levels, download levels from other users, and such.

Could the same principle work for a Zelda game? I'm thinking you'd have to go back to A Link to the Past type graphics/layout but how cool would it be to create levels and puzzles for a Legend of Zelda game? Maybe you call it Legends of Zelda. ;)

I think Nintendo struck gold with this level maker idea and I'd love for them to expand it to other game franchises.

It could work. It could be in the style of Zelda I, A Link to the Past, and A Link between Worlds. I would love to see a Mushroom Warriors or something too.

I would absolutely love to have a level maker game for The Legend of Zelda series! More so than for any other video game franchise!

I would imagine that there would be a bit of Dungeons & Dragons' Dungeon Master feel to it: mapping out a labyrinthine dungeon, filling it with nasty monsters and glorious hidden treasure, etc and then seeing how your friends grind through it as the player! (Although there are typically more than just one player in a D&D session!)

Yes, a Legend of Zelda maker would really be awesome. In fact, I think it would make for an even better creation tool considering how action rpgs are such a design-heavy genre. It's generally a bit harder and more complex to make a good action rpg over a platformer. In this manner, budding designers will have to challenge themselves more as they come up with unique puzzles and enemy attack patterns.

as a lifelong fan, wow. that is an excellent idea. i keep saying for the price of SMM, there must be a lot more to it than they are showing. Oh this is an awesome thought. Just being able to tinker with the Zelda music gets me excited.

Nintendo's gonna owe you royalties Hyrule Chicken

as a lifelong fan, wow. that is an excellent idea. i keep saying for the price of SMM, there must be a lot more to it than they are showing. Oh this is an awesome thought. Just being able to tinker with the Zelda music gets me excited.

Nintendo's gonna owe you royalties Hyrule Chicken

I didn't even think of the music angle!!! Yes, you're right, just thinking about creating a level from scratch, including the music, would be fantastic.

This is a wonderful idea! Nintendo, please do this now and take my money! It would be awesome if you could pick your own hero instead of Link... Just imagine a Legend of Zelda game where you get to play as Zelda! Or maybe you could make a Ganon game, from the perspective of the villain.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back