Super Mario RPG

Demon_skeith

Playing
Nintendo 64

Possibly the greats Mario RPG besides the paper series and one of the best games on the SNES. anyone here play this game a lot? Did you enjoy it and still own this game?

It's fantastic you bring this up, because I was just thinking of starting a thread. This is quite possibly my most favorite Mario aside from Mario 64 and Super Mario World for the SNES..

Everything was so fantastical - the settings, the music, the platforming and rpg elements that mixed pretty flawlessly, for that time and age.

And I think I mentioned it above. But Music. Lol.

But I had so many good memories to this game as a child. I'd highly recommend it. In parts, it almost felt kind of eeeerie too, which was a nice take on Mario for a change.

Super Mario RPG is an incredible game, definitely one of Squaresoft's greatest efforts. I remember how hyped up all the game magazines where at the time about this title. It gained high scores across the board, and in all honesty, Super Mario RPG definitely deserved those. Pity that it came out late in the SNES's life cycle, many folks missed out on this terrific game as they were moving on to the 32-bit consoles and Nintendo 64.

Yeah, it really did come out in late into the life of the console. I never even thought about that. I guess that's why some of my friends possibly never heard of it before I brought it up to them.

Super Mario RPG is an incredible game, definitely one of Squaresoft's greatest efforts. I remember how hyped up all the game magazines where at the time about this title. It gained high scores across the board, and in all honesty, Super Mario RPG definitely deserved those. Pity that it came out late in the SNES's life cycle, many folks missed out on this terrific game as they were moving on to the 32-bit consoles and Nintendo 64.

Yes, I may even consider it as the last great game for the Super Nintendo, and what a send-off it was. I absolutely love this game and I've played it a few times. Now I'm thinking I'm due for another play-through. It's amazing how they integrated the Mario characters into an RPG like that, it works really well. It's a masterpiece!

I played it like 10 years ago, and I never got through with it. But I came close to the end and, judging by the reviews I read about the game at that time, it was an unique release for the nineties. I played it after playing Paper Mario and enjoying it a lot, and I could even say that Super Mario RPG was a predecessor to Paper Mario. Although with a different approach, it's singularity with the story and the exploration feeling truly made one immerse him/herself on the game.

Also the way you could personalize each character with fun equipments and such was really great. It is really fun when you get a new spell and try it out.

I definitely recommend this game nowadays to anyone who wants to try a classic RPG to SNES.

Mario RPG was great! Anyone who knocks it, has to deal with me. Just kidding. Everthing about the game was great. It, along with Donkey Kong Country, are among my favorite SNES games.

Oh hey it's on the VC now in NA.

Only cost me $1.50 as I had it for Wii.

Latest threads

Back