Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch Edition

miles854

Playing
Switch
I just want people to discuss there thoughts on a Super Maro Bros. game in the series made to be played on Nintendo Switch. Non has been announced to the public at this time by Nintendo, but I want to see what you think of the idea. Should Nintendo release a game in the series for the Switch before the Switch is out of production and not the latest console or not? And do you think the idea of a game in the series for Switch seems in any way like a good idea? Should this game be like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is to Mario Kart, but be what this game is to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, a very similar game, that is almost entirely an enhanced port? Or an entire new game should be made like was done with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and then the all new game after it, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?
Also feel free to share any thoughts you have on the idea of a Super Smash Bros. game for Nintendo Switch.
I made this post mainly to see what people think of this idea. I support the idea largely having played Super Smash Bros. Brawl on a friends Wii (I own a Wii but not this game for it) and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U on a friends Wii U (I own a Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Switch but not a Wii U), but am open to hearing stuff about not supporting the idea of this game for the Nintendo Switch.

at this point, i have decided i am done spending time and money on the same games over and over again. Im a Huge Zelda fan, and besides BOTW, i have been playing the same 4 games, somehow or another, for the last 10 years. Maybe longer. Yes, its my fault but when the Switch came out, i got in no hurry. I was NOT investing all that time and money when I've already enjoyed MK8 to the fullest.

I mean, look at BOTW and Odyssey. At least one is a Masterpiece, and the other looks even better. So i know Nintendo can crank out great new games. Now that Mario is coming out and WWE was announced, i am ready for a Switch. But no more ports/remakes for me.

Unless its Mario Sunshine!

I am going to respond to my own post and share my thoughts. I own the consoles the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo Switch, and no other consoles. It has been a long time since a Smash Bros. game was made for a console I own. I do not own Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii, but have played it many times at a good friend of mines house, as he owns a Nintendo Wii (and is now mainly using his Playstation 4) and played Super Smash Bros. for Wii U a small amount of times at another friends house (this friend owns a Wii U) and I have since had a slowly dieing relationship with this friend because of problems with his parents and my parents, making scheduling times to hang out harder, and because of the place were he lives that is a decent drive from my home. I have played both of those games in the series, and have never owned my own Super Smash series game, so personally it would nice to. I also haven't had a console with new first party titles being made for it since the Nintendo Wii multiple years ago, until I got my Nintendo Switch on launch day. I don't want to buy Super Smash Bros. Brawl for my Wii since it is outdated and no longer being updated by Nintendo, and if they do release a game in this series for the Switch it would be the newest entry in the series and will be updated by Nintendo for sometime after I buy the game. I have enjoyed both Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash. Bros for Wii U and would like to own a game from that series, especially if it is the latest game in the series. Also a lot of my friends really enjoy playing games in that series together, so it would be a great game to play with all my friends either at my home in docked mode or on the go in a portable mode with joycons detached and additional joycons and pro controllers connected wirelessly. (I own 2 sets of joycon, neon red and blue and grey and own 1 pro controller with plans to buy another pro controller when a design I am interested in comes out, so I have enough controllers for four people to play) Plus, crossovers are my favorite, especially when it's a crossover of a lot of games that I like, which is pretty much any major series from Nintendo and then Sonic the Hedgehog. I like this game also because I can play as all sorts of different characters from various Nintendo franchises all in one game, and what's even better is it's a game I actually enjoy, making the experience of playing as Nintendo characters even more enjoyable and fun.

Hell yeah. If they don’t come out with Smash for the switch I’d be so bummed... at least put some of the older versions on it if they’re lazy and don’t want to make a new one.

Smash Bros is life.

If Nintendo does decide to make a new SSB game. They have to bring back the Story Mode.

Story modes always nice but as long as the online play is smooth that’s all I care about. Always had lag issues on Wii.

It’d be cool if they did leaderboards, seasons and made it more competitive online.

I will preface with this, I hate fighting games. No matter how much I love the characters in the games, fighting games have never clicked for me. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

With that said, I think they should totally make a brand new Super Smash Bros for the Switch. Not a remaster or enhanced version like Mario Kart 8, but a brand new experience.

I've played several fighting games, and although I'm not a fan of the genre I can tell that Super Smash Bros is a good fighting game. And I love Nintendo. And I want the Switch to thrive. So I think they should put a great fighting game on the console.

I'm glad Fifa and NBA 2K came over too. Now they need Madden and NHL to come over. The Switch needs at least one, if not more, of every genre to come so that they sell more consoles, which brings more games.

To sum up, YES...bring a new Smash Bros to Switch! Not a remaster like Mario Kart 8 (I was so bummed since I have it on Wii U), but a new one.

When it comes to Smash, I'd love to see a few characters as DLC for Ultimate or in the next game.

Seeing as Super Smash Bros. Crusade had many of these and with great move sets at that, I'd recommend looking into the game (fanmade) for inspiration.

I'd love to see Chun Li, Taki, Nighmare, Talim and Crystal. Heck, why not Jak along with Daxter too.

I would like to see also Chun Li, Taki, Nighmare, Talim and Crystal. Heck, why not Jak with Daxter on smash bros.

min_min_smash.jpg

new fighter: minmin from Arms on June 29

Lol

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back