Switch's VC emulator

Shane

From
Illinois
So I have heard from people who own a NVIDIA Shield TV, which has similar or worse hardware than the Switch, that the Shield TV has INCREDIBLE emulation ability. That it basically tears through old games at 1080p.

Though I don't care much for illegal emulation, so I will get to my main point...

It makes me think that, if Nintendo actually puts the time into it, the quality of Virtual Console games bought legally can be really good. Because they can improve the emulator that runs the Virtual Console games over the Wii U Virtual Console emulator, making Virtual Console games look really good like that of the NES Classic, if they want to. I mean on the Switch.

tl;dr Nintendo now has really good hardware to emulate games on the Virtual Console. Hope they use it.

My understanding is the team behind the NES Classic's emulator will be behind the Switch's virtual console.

I wonder if They would be able to Port over Gamecube AND/OR Wii Games too(Since, Like The Wii The Switch ALSO Has Motion Controls) into the Nintendo Switch VC

GameCube games are all but comfirmed to be coming to the Switch VC. Some reports also suggest that Luigi's Mansion GC, Mario Sunshine and Smash Bros. Melee are also coming, but as far as I know, I'm not sure it's officially confirmed about those games.

This is what it Says:
The Nintendo Switch system is not backward compatible with games designed for other systems, and is not currently compatible with controllers designed for other systems. Support for certain controllers may be considered for a future update. We have nothing to announce regarding Virtual Console or other types of digital purchases at this time.

For what it's worth, I actually call BS. Not on you, I mean on the Nintendo statements or article.

Perhaps the GameCube game eternal darkness will come to it?

You should be able to eventually plug in the GameCube controller adapter.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back