The Bible Topic

Y0shiM0n

Playing
Wii U
Hey, y'all. I thought it might be cool to make a Bible topic, so that we can talk about our favorite verses and the Bible in general! Well I guess I will start off with my life verses:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
~Proverbs 3: 5-6

Does anyone else want to post? What about you, @ChibiChan12? :)

God bless your day! :D

thanks man, i needed that. I live in Louisiana and although i came away extremely lucky in this flood, we still have a few problems. My wife and I had to remind each other how lucky we are. Appreciate

Well I am sorry to hear that were affected by the floods @dustinb12 - I feel terrible for all the people there and I really hope that you are okay and you are getting through it. This does seem like a good place to come if you need a little faith though, so that is a good thing. You and all the people down there are in our prayers. God bless.

I was writing about that verse at church just last Sunday! :D

Well I am sorry to hear that were affected by the floods @dustinb12 - I feel terrible for all the people there and I really hope that you are okay and you are getting through it. This does seem like a good place to come if you need a little faith though, so that is a good thing. You and all the people down there are in our prayers. God bless.

thank you very much, we are already back on track so please give all the prayers to my neighbors. This has never happened so bad here. It looks like a lot of new construction is getting hit hard around me.

yes i do come here to relax and get away from the real world

I will definitely be praying, @dustinb12.

Could I put in a prayer request? We put our house on the market a month ago and it still hasn't sold... It is weird, because we are in an awesome neighborhood with a great school district, and our house is really nice, so I don't know why it hasn't sold yet.

Another prayer request I have is for my dad. He has had chronic leg pain for over four and a half years now and it makes it hard for him to do things.

Thanks guys

God bless your day,
~Kevin :)

no problem @Y0shiM0n. Hang in there, the economy is sucking right now and they blaming it on "we're waiting to see who the next president is." Its really hard to sell right now, because its really hard to buy right now. I hope y'all get exactly what y'all need, which is usually what the Good Lord gives us, right?

True, @dustinb12. And He does give us what we need, if it is His will. Whatever way, I am sure He will make it turn out for the better. :)

Hello @Y0shiM0n and thanks for making this wonderful thread. I really like it and I think it has helped this place and has put some happiness in here. I will be praying for all of you guys. :)

Here is one of my favorites:

The Lord's loving kindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

-Lamentations 3:22-23 (NASB)

Thanks, and God bless all of you.

Thank you for the prayers, @ChibiChan12. I really appreciate it! :) That is a great scripture, by the way.

Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.
~Proverbs 3:3

here i am, right back to this thread, getting exactly what i need to hear. good job guys!

You're welcome @Y0shiM0n, and I will continue to pray for all of you. @dustinb12, I'm happy to hear that the scriptures we posted helped you. Like Y0shiM0n said, God has a great habit of doing that. :) Also, that's another great scripture. There's a lot of great stuff in Proverbs. ^_^

Here's another favorite of mine:

For I am convinced that neither life nor death, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-Romans 8:38-39

I agree, @ChibiChan12. Proverbs is great. ^.^ And that scripture is awesome. Romans also has lots o great stuff. :)

Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

~1 John 5:5

Yup! And I agree, @Y0shiM0n. ^^ Also, thanks! Romans indeed has a lot of great stuff. :D That scripture is amazing, too! John is great as well. ^.^

But now, this is what the Lord says-
He who created you, Jacob,
He who formed you, Israel:
"Do not fear, I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are Mine.

-Isaiah 43:1

My favorite verse... i have no idea. All i know is that the bible has many things that, even though i can't remember now, have helped me in the past. In my opinion, its not about verses you memorize to wait and then use on a regular basis, its about verses that you randomly come across when you need them. Or i could be a loon :p

Well it is kind of both, @Heigw. You should memorize verses so that they do pop up in your head when you need them.

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. ~Joshua 1:8

You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. ~Deuteronomy 11:18

I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. ~Psalm 119:11

Sorry again for not replying to this in awhile. Those are all great scriptures, @Y0shiM0n. Thanks for sharing all of those with us. :)

Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

-Hebrews 4:16

Latest threads

Back