The Bottom Line

joshposh

Banned
Playing
Virtual Boy
What I want to know is, do you guys think that the Nintendo NX should stick to its niche gaming platform as they have done these last two times, or should they just join Microsoft and Sony by using the same console concept, and come out with the latest processor muscle and join the foot race.

You can't show up to a muscle car race with a hybrid. That is what Nintendo has done these past 8 years or so. Is it time to flex their muscle on the same business and architectural platform?

I think they should as you say, join the foot race. I wish Nintendo would just make a traditional gaming console that would be on par with the other two. No gimmicky controllers. No severely lacking hardware. No more blue ocean strategy. It was fun while it lasted, but needs to end.

Well, if Nintendo are to attract significant third-party support with their upcoming console, they have little choice but to adopt the x86 architecture that is common in PCs and rival consoles. Personally, I'd like Nintendo to steer clear from funky controllers such as the Wii U's, and just make the most kick-ass standard controller that would make their rivals green with envy. We shall soon see where Nintendo is heading with their next console. Something tells me that they may not listen to reason though. :(

Personally, I find the Wii U controller to be almost perfect. The main issue I have with it is that the triggers aren't actually triggers. If they fixed it, it might be my favorite controller of all time.

But can you guys imagine if the NX had the same line up of games as Sony and Microsoft, and their current line up of first party games. I think they could actually be #1. Nobody else will have Mario and the other mascots.

You're absolutely right. It would be hands down the best of the three consoles if it could do that.

I don't know, the thing that appeals to me the most about Nintendo is the fact that they aren't following the trend or trying to compete with Microsoft or Sony with the newest and baddest.

Don't get me wrong, the Xbox and PlayStation are amazing and fun consoles, they get the big third-party games and fight for console sales dominance while Nintendo tries different things, which I respect. We already have an Xbox and Playstation, why want more of the same? Not everything Nintendo has done is a home-run, but I appreciate the diversity and the drive of moving things forward in less-than-obvious ways.

I understand that, really I do and I agree to an extent. The Xbox and PlayStation are becoming more and more like PC's and it's nice to have a console that's not like that. But the problem is that Nintendo is almost always a secondary console to people unless you're a diehard Nintendo fan. Nintendo's Blue Ocean strategy worked great for the Wii but it's not doing well for them in the current generation it's doing them horrible.

I don't know, the thing that appeals to me the most about Nintendo is the fact that they aren't following the trend or trying to compete with Microsoft or Sony with the newest and baddest.

Don't get me wrong, the Xbox and PlayStation are amazing and fun consoles, they get the big third-party games and fight for console sales dominance while Nintendo tries different things, which I respect. We already have an Xbox and Playstation, why want more of the same? Not everything Nintendo has done is a home-run, but I appreciate the diversity and the drive of moving things forward in less-than-obvious ways.

But don't you think, if Nintendo had the same games as Sony and Microsoft, with the same quality of graphics capability, with their first person library of games, they would be the console of choice?

In my mind it would work. They could be #1. Nintendo has gone against the grain and they have failed because they cannot get third party support with a low end graphics processor. So most games cannot and will not be ported over to the Wii U. The Wii Us saving grace was it name and mascot games.

Now if you added all nex gen games across the board and the NX mascot games, you could possibly have a winner. It doesn't matter what niche you have, it's a business. If Nintendo doesn't make money, then they go under. That's the rule for all businesses. If they fail with the NX again, then maybe they should just stick to portable gaming.

Latest threads

Back