The Death of Nintendo

Besides, hyperrealistic graphics would only be a detriment to Nintendo.

Ugliest picture of a manly Mario I have ever seen, he looks like a freak. If I had kids, they would miss out on this game title. I would like to see more hyper realistic games from nintendo, I'm ready for more news about this NX. I'm at that point where I feel like this will be the end for nintendo if they don't come to the table with the future.

While there is a lot resting on the success of the NX for Nintendo, I'm not sure it will be the make or break scenario that a lot of people think. Nintendo have made mistakes in the past, that's been well documented but the fact that they have been around for so long and even with those mistakes have carried on growing and developing new ideas kind of makes them a safe bet.

We all want the Nintendo NX to do well, just like I'm sure that Nintendo do, but if it doesn't it will certainly be a major blow, but not a fatal one just yet.

Maybe for a few years, maybe even a decade, but no they wont be gone forever. Nintendo really needs to do something big though. Perhaps something in the virtual reality market. I always loved virtual boy back in the day, and I never got headaches from it either. They need to step up to the plate technologically wise or yes, it could be the end for them.

Nope not in a few years or even a decade. They are far to wealthy and conservative to let that happen. Nintendo has been a trading card company a taxi company a love hotel company a toy company and a video game company. They keep changing to stick around. Nintendo is now going back into film and TV and theme parks. They are in the smartphone and home console market. Despite the Wii U slow sales the system didn't hurt them really. PS3 which sold 80 million units lost several billion dollars. Nintendo is as likely to go out of business as releasing Zelda Breath of The Wild on Xbox One.

Maybe for a few years, maybe even a decade, but no they wont be gone forever. Nintendo really needs to do something big though. Perhaps something in the virtual reality market. I always loved virtual boy back in the day, and I never got headaches from it either. They need to step up to the plate technologically wise or yes, it could be the end for them.

I'd also like to see Nintendo look at VR as I do think that it will be the future of gaming, and now while Sony are on the verge of releasing their VR then I think Nintendo need to start to do the same. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they NEED it just to survive, but to keep up with Sony and Microsoft then I do think they will ave to at least look at VR as an option for them in the future.

@pwarbi they did say that they are looking at VR but they also said that they want to make it as safe as possible..and I won't blame them for wanting that because well.....we all know how the Virtual Boy turned out so its not a surprise here.....

Nope not in a few years or even a decade. They are far to wealthy and conservative to let that happen. Nintendo has been a trading card company a taxi company a love hotel company a toy company and a video game company. They keep changing to stick around. Nintendo is now going back into film and TV and theme parks. They are in the smartphone and home console market. Despite the Wii U slow sales the system didn't hurt them really. PS3 which sold 80 million units lost several billion dollars. Nintendo is as likely to go out of business as releasing Zelda Breath of The Wild on Xbox One.

This.....totally this!

I can't really picture them going off soon. People need to look at Nintendo in the long run rather than short runs here.

I totally agree with Segata that Nintendo seems to be the most secure of them all and since the release of Pokemon Go, they have gone from strength to strength. That being said, their console is still performing at a lower level than the Wii original and we do need some competition to help to make sure that quality goes up and prices go down on the consoles.

People are also going to see Nintendo from their own biased perspectives as well don't forget, so while one person will say that Pokemon GO as just stamped their authority on the gaming industry more than what they have had before, others will point out that Pokemon GO as been their saviour simply because the latest consoles haven't performed as well as the competitors, so it's just a matter of opinion.

Talking to my nieces and nephews (who are 12 and 13) they see Nintendo more as a retro gaming company and Sony and Microsoft as the future. In fact I'm not even sure that they realise that Nintendo are actually behind Pokemon GO to be honest. I think they need educating!

Competition can be good and bad, but I think there is a lot more good that can come from a sector having companies competing against each other than having just one that controls the market. While it is true that sometimes the amount of competition can make brands bring out devices or updates that aren't ready, competition is generally a good thing and can be beneficial to the consumer as it keeps the brands coming up with newer and better ideas and keeps the sector from becoming stagnant.

Well that is certainly the point, is it not. We have always been told that open and competitive markets are the healthiest, and it makes perfect sense. Only that can drive innovation and R&D investments that really end up growing these companies and have them introducing these new technologies. Nintendo is not dead, just a little behind right now.

-seems more like Nintendo's just pacing itself so it can pass Microsoft and Sony when they inevitably stumble.

Nintendo might well be pacing itself or just sleeping a little at the moment, but if it IS waiting for Sony and Microsoft to stumble like you say, I think they might be waiting a long time. Microsoft and Sony dominate the gaming market, especially here in the UK, and I would jut like to see Nintendo start to assault that dominance now, rather than them waiting years for the other companies to fade.

People are also going to see Nintendo from their own biased perspectives as well don't forget, so while one person will say that Pokemon GO as just stamped their authority on the gaming industry more than what they have had before, others will point out that Pokemon GO as been their saviour simply because the latest consoles haven't performed as well as the competitors, so it's just a matter of opinion.

Talking to my nieces and nephews (who are 12 and 13) they see Nintendo more as a retro gaming company and Sony and Microsoft as the future. In fact I'm not even sure that they realise that Nintendo are actually behind Pokemon GO to be honest. I think they need educating!
I think that's exactly what Nintendo has to fight against, other wise it runs the risk of just being another Atari. It has to look more at the future and not live so much in the past.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back