The first time you completed the original Metroid

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Were you surprised that Samus was a woman? I was a little shocked, but it was irrelevent to me. I was so thrilled about defeating Mother Brain, that I almost got sent to my room for dancing around. Those days were the best. How did you feel the first time you got through Metroid?

jbeavis100

From
California
Playing
3DS
Shocked but at the same time I was completely thrilled I mean that's one of the very first times we got to see a girl protagonist kick ass and it felt pretty good!

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
Yes! I was equally as shocked when I played it through again, and got to see her with less clothing. My real thrill was defeating Mother Brain though. The battle was frustrating.

averus

From
Sarajevo, Bosnia Herzegovina
Playing
NES
It was a feeling of shock, relief and rage.

I was really young when I played it so I spent hours and hours playing, it was very frustrating because I didn't really get the point of the game in the beginning (stupid kid thought it was just running around shooting things, eh).
When I finished the game, I was incredibly happy to have done so, I was sad that it was over and I was shocked that the "dude" is actually Samus.

She remains one of my favorite female vg protagonists to this day.

Esperahol

I didn't have a problem with Samus being a chick, but I didn't really care either. I was (and to a point remain) something of a completist. That means that what I care about is finishing the game along with every little side quest or mark intact. So it was "Great I got the Brain... oh Samus is female... 'kay."

Latest posts

Latest threads