The Legend of Zelda Movie Project

Yoshis_Egg_Studios

Playing
Nintendo 64
Hey there, everyone! I’m Shear, and I’m a part of Yoshi’s Egg Studios, a group of people focused on making projects based on our favorite video games, for example, Zelda, Earthbound, or Final Fantasy.
But, as we’re not going to work on all these projects at once, we’ve decided to push all our energy onto making a Zelda movie first. Now, of course, Zelda has an extremely large fanbase, which you make up part of.
See, right now, we’re at a very tricky part of our production process. What I mean is that we have the script, equipment, and people ready to get started, but what we need now is something from the Zelda fans – that being support. So, on behalf of Yoshi’s Egg Studios, if you could take a look at our Google+ page and follow our page, not only to help us get more followers and therefore more support, but also so that you, as the Zelda fan, can see a Zelda movie become made.

Our Google Plus Page: (The Main Source of Updates)

https://plus.google.com/114483647054308312595/posts

Here’s some questions you might ask about in regards to this movie:

What game is this movie going to be based on? Or is it a new story?

It is loosely based on the first game (The Legend of Zelda) But since the time line revealed that That game isn't the first chronologically it will have a bunch of elements from other Zelda games.

Will this movie be live action or animated?

The movie will be live action but will have CGI creatures, monsters, and even settings in it.

How can you ensure that this movie will be better than the Hero of Time?

The biggest example of why I think this movie will be better than any hollywood movie (Plus the fact of how much greater it will be over "The Hero of Time") is the fact that this is a fan made production, We know what is liked and hated about the series as well as what works and what doesn't when making a movie. Yes Hero of Time was made by "Fans" But I have a feeling they were trying to pull a Hollywood and didn't even know what they were doing.

Are there going to be any famous YouTube personalities in this movie, either as a voice or in person?

I can't say anything for sure as of now, but we have confirmation that if this project achieves a large amount of support Max Gleason (Smooth McGroove), Brent Black (BrentalFloss), Joshua Pursley, and even Arin Hanson (Egoraptor) would gladly take part in the film. BrentalFloss has even signed on for a role in the movie.

My favorite Zelda character is ______. Is he/she/it going to be in the movie?

Unless your favorite Zelda Character is Link, Zelda, or, Ganondorf ... Then probably not. This takes place in the original game, and since that game didn't have a lot of characters and story to it we created our own. Now we did not go far from any Zelda title for the design of the story, in fact you could say it is like if all of the game were stuck together.

Is all that you need supporters? Not even money or anything?

We will need money at a later date, But we can't even begin to fund this idea until we can see some backing for it. Since this will all be by donations and our own out of pocket costs, We don't want to have people fund us until they can see where their cash is truly heading.

Ahhh I understand what you're saying. Honestly though, I think if you were to pitch this to the internet at large, not just this forum, you'd get a much better response.

Have you considered getting some sort of demo reel together for the movie, and pitching it to Kickstarter?

Yes, And we have posted this on more than one forum, That is for sure. Kickstarter is good and all, But I feel like we may be able to do better without it. That might sound like foolish, But like I said, We don't want to start a donation thing until we can get some visible support from the fans. I know it sounds really silly. But why try and make something that the fans are going to hate? That's who we are doing this for anyway.

Yes, And we have posted this on more than one forum, That is for sure. Kickstarter is good and all, But I feel like we may be able to do better without it. That might sound like foolish, But like I said, We don't want to start a donation thing until we can get some visible support from the fans. I know it sounds really silly. But why try and make something that the fans are going to hate? That's who we are doing this for anyway.
Well...don't make something the fans are going to hate?

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back