The worst thing you lost because of playing games

@Dove We always end up playing again sooner or later, our moms are always trying to keep us apart from games, but that seems to be impossible, indeed.

@pwarbi @Casiox Well that is what happened to me. The first time I got REALLY SPOOKED. My mom wasn't that worried she just scolded at me for playing for so long. I ended up playing again like in two days.

That's the thing though, when your young and playing games then there are usually parents there to stop you from playing for too long. When you get older though you have to limit yourself and that can sometimes be hard to do.

Even now if I get the chance I can spend all day and half the night on a game and before I know it the whole weekend as practically gone and I've done none of the plans I wanted to do.

My eyesight :) Well, actually it was a combination of things. So, when I was a kid, there was this partial solar eclipse. Even though I had been warned not to watch the Sun during the eclipse, I did. I mean it looked like a big yellow ball to me, and I watched it for less than a minute. I came back to my room after that and next morning when I woke up everything became hazy. But, it was not that bad, I could still read things by squinting. So, I didn't tell anyone. I also continued playing games until the point where I had to acknowledge that I couldn't see well. So, the eclipse created the problem and the video games exacerbated it.

I haven't lost anything. Not yet anyway, lol. I don't play excessively at all and I always try to find some form of balance in my life between my work and my play.

My eyesight :) Well, actually it was a combination of things. So, when I was a kid, there was this partial solar eclipse. Even though I had been warned not to watch the Sun during the eclipse, I did. I mean it looked like a big yellow ball to me, and I watched it for less than a minute. I came back to my room after that and next morning when I woke up everything became hazy. But, it was not that bad, I could still read things by squinting. So, I didn't tell anyone. I also continued playing games until the point where I had to acknowledge that I couldn't see well. So, the eclipse created the problem and the video games exacerbated it.

HAHAHAHA I can relate to this so much. But I think my eyesight was lost from the beginning, since my parents are as blind as bats too. My mom never lost the chance to tell me it was related to games, tho.

Gaming is making me a income where I can pay bills put food on the table and a roof over my head.

Well that is certainly good news, and I bet there are a lot of people out there who wish that they could say that. I am not really sure what avenues you are taking to make this income, but I am a little intrigued now, but I am pretty sure I am safely assuming that most of it is online. I could be wrong, but either way that is a neat way to make a living. Best of luck to you and continued success.

I was actually waiting for somebody to come out with eyesight on this thread, haha! I think that one of the most common things that our parents say when we're young is about us ruining our eye's by playing games to much. The same can also be said though for watching TV or in fact doing anything behind a TV or a computer screen and it's going to take it's toll eventually.

Won't stop us playing though of course!

I am a bit surprised that nobody has mentioned the injuries from Mario Party with the games where you had to use your palm to move the joystick. I think it came to mind because I read it somewhere though, so maybe there is a list of injuries or something that I saw. I guess when you think of losing things, your interest levels are really what come to mind. Although, the eyesight is probably something that should you should keep an eye on (I guess that pun was intended).

Back in the days when the joypads weren't as ergonomic as they are now, there was a lot of injuries I think when it came to the palms of the hands especially and I often remember the NES with it's joypads on a wire and rectangular/square design not being helpful when it comes to gaming for extended periods of time, and we all had blisters at one time or another!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back