...This list makes me cry a little inside

Esperahol

http://www.alteredgamer.com/best-pc-gaming/46528-top-10-pc-horror-games/

The list above connects to what the author claims is the list of scariest horror games for the PC. He is obviously an idiot. I mean the scariest thing on that page is what passes as grammar and spelling amongst the comments. That said they shouldn't complain about the inclusion of Bioshock or Left for Dead - there is legitimate horror in Bioshock (I should have left that Power to the People machine alone) and Left 4 Dead is zombies and not dying - so yeah. Also most of them wanted the same two games - Silent Hill (which as far as I know is console only) and Amnesia (which I found to be an incredibly sucky excuse for a game). But that goes back to how there really aren't all that many horror titles for the PC - which is why I am almost exclusively console-based.

You and your horror games :) I don't have enough experience with the genre to know if this list is good or not. But I do trust your word on it.

...I wasn't held enough as a child obviously. Thank you for your trust - this is in fact a truly sucky, sucky list. I wonder if he got paid for it, if so I need to try writing for them since their standards aren't all that high apparently.

Pretty horrible list to say the least. I mean, where are games like Amnesia, Cry of Fear and Slender? It's gibberish.

Anyway, as far as your point about the lack of horro games on PC is concerned,I would respectfully disagree with you. It seems as though you haven't played games like Amnesia and Alone in the Dark.

There are a lot of upcoming horro games like Daylight, Outlast, Asylum and the next installment is the Amnesia series which should suffice for anyone as a horror genre fan.

... Oh my god I am sick to dying of Amnesia - it isn't that good a game. Actually I would go as far as to say it is the most lacking horror game I've played in a dog's age. And by bringing it up you prove my point. PC horror? "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" Also Slender? Jesus - are the SomethingAful forums getting paid for this? Seriously though I have either played or heard of most PC horror games and quite frankly there aren't a lot. I mean if I can get it on a console then I generally am and outside of those games the PC ain't got much at all.

Esperahol said:
... Oh my god I am sick to dying of Amnesia - it isn't that good a game. Actually I would go as far as to say it is the most lacking horror game I've played in a dog's age. And by bringing it up you prove my point. PC horror? "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" Also Slender? Jesus - are the SomethingAful forums getting paid for this? Seriously though I have either played or heard of most PC horror games and quite frankly there aren't a lot. I mean if I can get it on a console then I generally am and outside of those games the PC ain't got much at all.
Thank you! Finally someone that doesn't realises that Slender is a barely mediocre game. The whole game is so formulaic, the 'scariness' increases after you collect each note and the sounds get built up, but in reality nothing is actually changing. It's all an illusion, and it's pretty poor even then.

Honestly the most notable thing about Slender is that it is based off a meme from SomethingAwful. That's it - graphics aren't even stylistic suck, sound isn't saving anything, and the gameplay has nothing much to recommend it. I mean - tch. And yet that is somehow what people think of when they think PC horror? And that is why I am a console user.

Latest threads

Back