Titanfall launch day ruined by Xbox Live collapse

Donkey Punch

Playing
NES
LOL dudes, way to screw up the launch of the most anticipated game. How many millions did M$ lose because of this?

Now is the absolute worst time for Xbox Live to be down. Today marks the debut of Titanfall, the game that could make or break the Xbox One game console. It's a masterpiece of mechanical manslaughter, and Microsoft pulled out all the stops for its release, delivering new system updates, new peripherals and even a "fix" for the Xbox One game controller ahead of its launch today. But now, as prospective US players return home from work to play the Xbox One's killer app, many are finding themselves unable to sign into their consoles and actually play the game.

Continued: Xbox Live goes down, crippling the launch of 'Titanfall'

Color me not surprised - I did raise up questions of whether Live could handle all the things they're putting on it. I mean Live was perfectly capable of going down back when it's only job was multiplayer and media - but now it has to support the Cloud and a thousand other things... I'm honestly not surprised. That said I can't wait to hear the comments on this. Ah the gnashing of teeth.

Okay so it turns out that the article was a bit (a lot) overblown. The sign-in function died a quiet death, but if you were already logged in or never logged out or you played on the PC then you were fine. The sign in function was down for most of a day or so, but that didn't seem to stop most people - really the main issue seems to be that Titianfall just isn't all it was made out to be. AI sucks, maps are empty, basically CoD but somehow really boring... just meh overall.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back