Twilight Princess HD!

dustinb12

Staff member
From
Lafayette, LA
Playing
Switch
helloooo! who else is excited? I've been looking for a reason to play this for the third time, and why not in HD? I'd love to get my hands on the bundle, more for the soundtrack than the amiibo, but I'll take it as well.

It looks cleaned up, more crisp, and if it's anything kin to Majora's Mask 3d, it will be well worth it. The bundle is only 59$, i was waiting for closer to 100$

March 16, Zant, you're mine!

update: so we got our hands on this beauty, along with Midna's amiibo and the soundtrack. I haven't started it yet, but i have been watching my daughter play a little after work. My impression is wow: its stunning. The lighting, the sounds, the surround sound, everything i expected. Much like MM3d, all the backgrounds are crisp so you can actually make out things in the distance.

But i must say, it's also a little bittersweet. As in, what might have been? What else could be done this polished on the wii u? Of course I'm alluding to Metroid. I see now what I've been wondering: Could we have had an epic space game bringing Samus up front where she should be? Yes indeed we could have.

Well, we can always assume that we could have a new title in place of any remake we receive. But I almost have to wonder. Remakes obviously have a purpose beyond just boosting sales, I would venture to guess that they allow the designer teams to work with more tools and experiment for things that they do want to apply to new titles.

Remakes obviously have a purpose beyond just boosting sales, I would venture to guess that they allow the designer teams to work with more tools and experiment for things that they do want to apply to new titles.

I agree, I mean they basically are certain that old fans will buy it anyways, so it's a good opportunity to try new things and know how the public reacts to it.

Yup! For sure. I mean if a remake flops then they know the new implementations didn't work and they don't risk having a new game flop.

I think it's nice they at least remastered a good Zelda game, Twilight Princess. The strange thing is that even though they did as much for it if not more than developers did for the Wind Waker remake, if you ask most people they will probably say the Wind Waker remake shows a larger difference. It's an illusion of the eye due to one being a cartoon I guess.

Good point Shane, it really is the art styles which can make or break a remaster like this. I think Twilight Princess looks good.. it's characters still show off a bit poorly because of the semi-realistic style. WindWaker has a much more timeless art style... even the gamecube version holds up well. Tantalus Media did a good job with the TWP port though.

I just played through Twilight Princess for the first time since 2006 when I initially played it on Wii. Back then I felt it was kind of bland and forgettable, but enjoyed it anyway. Over the years I could barely even remember playing it, I found it to be that forgettable. So, now after playing Twilight Princess HD recently, I was hoping I'd enjoy it more, but unfortunately my original assessment stands. I still feel it is a bland, forgettable experience with a severe lack of personality, though I did enjoy my time playing it. I finished it this past weekend and I am already having trouble remembering many parts of the game.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back