Was NES the first console you played?

Edware

Playing
3DS
It was for me. I remember going to my grandparent's house to play their NES all the time lol. I really loved playing it. What about you?

The first console I've ever seen, played and owned was the Nintendo NES.
As I have written on this forum before - I bought a NES pack with Mario Bros, but got Metroid with it for a lower price than usual.

I played the heck out of SMB, and then Metroid.
Later I bought some other games (Blades of Steel, TMNT, Chip 'n' Dale etc.) and I still own the console (although I've borrowed it to my cousin).

Getting the NES was one of the most beautiful things that ever happened to me! :)

The NES was my very first console, gifted to me as a young lad of six one fine Christmas morning! It holds a special place in my heart and I spent a fair portion of my childhood enjoying its 8-bit wonders! Such is a fairly typical attitude for someone my age! ;)

However, regardless of the NES' special place in my heart: my love for it is actually eclipsed by my love for the subsequent SNES!

Wow, seems like we're all NES kids. I was the same. However, when I was a kid SNES was on the market & crazily popular. However, my family was way too poor/cheap/uninterested to pick that console up so I ended up with everyone's games and accessories because they were no longer interested in the 'bad graphics and boring game play'. Suckers.

Lucky you!
I remember how I had to save up money through a year and a half in order to buy myself the NES console.
At the time I bought it, everyone else already had the SNES, but I couldn't afford one :(

When I bought the SNES, everyone already switched to n64 or Playstation...

But I don't regret buying any of them, I love them! :D

lol @ averus

Yep, that's how it was for me until, probably, the PS3 years. Always a console or two behind everyone else. But sometimes it's better that way. You get games at their cheapest point before either accruing in value or falling way way down below it.

Mmmm - nope. Atari gift and then SEGA genesis. That said I was all about the SNES when that dropped so... yeah.

For me. It was the Atari 2600. The NES wasn't even out yet.

I played the Xbox 360. I was late into the whole console gaming experience. I got an Xbox 360 at Christmas 2007 and I loved it ever since! I don't really have a lot of time to play video games anymore.. but I try to as much as possible!

At the risk of showing my age here, my first game system (if you could even call it that) was before the NES or Atari even came out. It was Pong.

No. For me it was the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64. That's how old I am. I have to say that the Commodore 64 games were way better then the Atari. Too bad it wasn't that popular. If Atari had the quality of games like the Commodore 64, the market wouldn't of crashed as it did back then.

Atari was my father's and mother's toy, coming up. I was raised in the regular NES era - 1986+ (when I was born) - so I learned to love it, and enjoy the games. Remember the original game genie? Big head mode, low gravity mode (moon gravity, I think the cheat was called) - man it was even fun to mess with games back then!

NES was my first console along with the Atari being second. i loved that system even though it would make me sooooo mad cause i blow in it and in the games and sometimes they just dont work. ah my childhood.. tears.. now i feel old and miss it. only 24 by the way lol. still feel old

Hey I'm 28 and I still feel old, Red. I remember blowing in those systems on end, or removing cartridges (before CDs became prevalent) to blow in them as well. Or praying to Nintendo Jesus for a working console. Oh those times of playing a game, and even a slight jar to the console unhinges the game.

RAAAAAGEEEE. Haha.

It was not the first console that I had, I was too young for that one. The first one that I had was the PS2. I think that I was able 5 or 6 when it came out and we bought it. I thought that it was the coolest thing that we had ever got. I think that was the first thing that ever got me into playing games and stuff like that. I mean I was young back then , but I would always playing it when I could.

The first console I got to play was the Intellivision in the beginning of the 80's. It was a demo machine my dad brought home from work and we kept it around the house for a couple of weeks. Very entertaining for the time but not compelling enough to get me hooked on games. I really got into gaming through the arcades and after purchasing an 8-bit microcomputer - the ZX Spectrum.

I was exposed to the NES around 1988, played it at a toy store and thought it was pretty cool. I only bought one a few years later when I got seriously into console gaming.

I wish I could say I played the NES in stores, but In 1988 I was only 2 years old, so yeah.. about that ha! I grew up on it all the same though, and I think that's where my love of all things console came from because all my friends wanted to play on it and hang out.

Latest threads

Back