What 3rd party titles to you want to see on the Switch?

Scepty

Playing
3DS
With all of the third party develepors on the switch, i imagine everyone has a few games they want to see on it. Personally, I want to see:
-rpg shooter games like borderlands, destiny, or even PvZ: Garden Warfare
- Assassins Creed
-the revamped Crash Bandicoot games
- Spyro (wont happen but it would be cool )

What games do you want to see?

There are more first party than third party games, sequels and ports I want to see.

But... I really want Madden on the new system.

@Shane that would be pretty cool but with fifa coming up i dont think it would happen very quickly

Anything by Bethesda and BioWare.

There are more first party than third party games, sequels and ports I want to see.

But... I really want Madden on the new system.

yes please! and i really miss wwe/ wrestling games. Sports in general is all I'm missing. Gran Turismo.

Either a Bully remake for Nintendo Switch; Or Bully 2

The games Euro/American trucker, the new Lovecraft game, Luigi's Mansion 3.

Dark Souls, For Honor, Resident Evil. But most of all Monster Hunter!

Has-Been Hero's looks like a fun game. Plus it uses the HD Rumble feature too. Only $20 looks like Gamestop only if you want a hard copy.

Dark Souls, For Honor, Resident Evil. But most of all Monster Hunter!
Lucky for you, Breath of the Wild seems to have borrowed ALOT from Monster Hunter (so I think they got the same team to help develop it). I personally wanted to like Monster Hunter, but bought it for the 3DS with all the DLC content for the link costumes etc, but I genuinely couldn't get into it. (though perhaps it's just because I gave up on it way too early before finding where the meat of the action was in that game). So maybe you can help me out on how to get to the exciting bits?

My first experience of it was that it was nothing but countless hours of aimless field wandering and having to trek for ages to find food in order to build really slow sluggish weapons with the odd dinosaur fight along the way. But the whole experience just felt painfully slow (and I'm not kidding, hours into the game and that being all that happened meant it literally sent me to sleep before I got as far as seeing anything exciting). So I really hope Breath of the Wild doesn't wind up being like that, or I'll be really upset.

What I'm actually hoping will happen is that the combination of the two games actually turns out to be cool, and through Breath of the Wild helps me learn whatever it was I was missing about Monster Hunter that fans find so cool. (If it does that, and I finally *get* what and where all the excitement is, I'll give Monster Hunter another chance, and maybe it won't suck so hard as last time I tried playing it). I really hope it's a case of me just not understanding it, rather than it just not being my type of game, as I'm sorta dying to get to the bit where I can actually use all the Zelda DLC content that I bought for it.

As for Dark Souls, I'm hearing alot of hype about that game recently, all of it good! So very curious to try that one out, and I do hope it comes to the Switch.

As for a personal game choice that I would really like to see for Switch that I see no-one else seems to have mentioned yet...

BAYONETTA 3!!
(The first two in that series were truly excellent!)

Would also like to see Hyrule Warriors on VC in a way that lets me port my WiiU game save progress data, as that game's freaking massive, and am dying to 100% it, but even for the most seasoned of Zelda fans, it could still prove to be quite a long term project to fully be able to get every single mission completed. (So I definitely don't want to have to start all that from scratch, or I would lose so much!!)

Last edited:
Monster Hunter can definitely test your patience, but I'd consider it more like Xenoblade X than Zelda - both games that you can lose yourself 20 hours in and still feel like you haven't mastered.

I'm pretty lucky though - I jumped right into Monster Hunter out of nowhere and seemed to like it.

Thanks Shane. Yeah, I don't mind games that take hours and hours to master, so long as it does eventually get exciting. (of course being as I had played it for many hours with not alot really happening, I started to have doubts as to whether the whole game would be that tedious the whole way through, or whether if I stuck with it the game would actually start to get good. So thankyou for your input on this. -If you reckon it does start to get better once you're several hours into it, I might give it another try.

From your own personal experience, which part of the game would you say is the point in the game where it starts to get interesting? (The version I have is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS)

(anyone else is welcome to chime in too, if you also have anything useful to add)

Thanks. ;)

As for Zelda being like Monster Hunter, I totally agree that most Zelda games are not usually anything like each-other. What I meant by that in my previous post was that in the new Zelda Breath of the Wild game, when you see the new cooking mechanism that they added to it, and also the way that Link upgrades his weapons, anyone who has ever played Monster Hunter will recognize instantly that this is directly where they took those mechanisms from. (so that was the first clue that they have gotten the Monster Hunter Team to help develop this game). Outsourcing games can be risky though, so it's hard to tell at this stage whether the mix will work well or not (I guess I won't know for sure until I play it). I really hope it does though. When they outsourced Hyrule Warriors to the Dynasty Warriors team, they made an excellent job of that! So we know it can work really well when done right.

I actually thought Monster Hunter 4U was exciting from the get-go, and like most games, it sizzled out the more you play it. I don't think forcing yourself to like it and waiting for some sort of exciting point in the game will really work, unfortunately.

And I'm not sure how many forums you read, but you aren't the only one who feels this way. I've seen at least 3 people on other game forums who have complained about Monster Hunter and cited things like the unforgiving mechanics.

Although Monster Hunter and Zelda now have some similarities, I'd still say the two games will be pretty far apart. The main similarity is just that they are both lengthy games.

The legends state that if you say MH three times I shall appear.

Thanks Shane. Yeah, I don't mind games that take hours and hours to master, so long as it does eventually get exciting. (of course being as I had played it for many hours with not alot really happening, I started to have doubts as to whether the whole game would be that tedious the whole way through, or whether if I stuck with it the game would actually start to get good. So thankyou for your input on this. -If you reckon it does start to get better once you're several hours into it, I might give it another try.

From your own personal experience, which part of the game would you say is the point in the game where it starts to get interesting? (The version I have is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS)

(anyone else is welcome to chime in too, if you also have anything useful to add)

Thanks. ;)

As for Zelda being like Monster Hunter, I totally agree that most Zelda games are not usually anything like each-other. What I meant by that in my previous post was that in the new Zelda Breath of the Wild game, when you see the new cooking mechanism that they added to it, and also the way that Link upgrades his weapons, anyone who has ever played Monster Hunter will recognize instantly that this is directly where they took those mechanisms from. (so that was the first clue that they have gotten the Monster Hunter Team to help develop this game). Outsourcing games can be risky though, so it's hard to tell at this stage whether the mix will work well or not (I guess I won't know for sure until I play it). I really hope it does though. When they outsourced Hyrule Warriors to the Dynasty Warriors team, they made an excellent job of that! So we know it can work really well when done right.

Well item upgrading with materials was in Skyward Sword too. Plus it isn't all that uncommon in open world RPG's. Can think of Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls off the top of my head, and I'm pretty sure the Xenoblade series does too. I suppose the difference is that MH has it as a core part of it's gameplay loop, but I'd say BotW still more similar to the others.

In regards to getting into MH, speaking as someone who has put 4500+ hours into the series, the following link is something I wrote to explain it. I apologize for the length in advance:

http://www.ign.com/blogs/lightningninja/2014/03/10/explaining-monster-hunter-abridged/

If you read all that, maybe watched some tutorials, spent a few more hours, and you still can't get into it...

...welp, sorry for wasting your time.

I mean, I'll defend it to the death, but I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea, and it is definitely VERY DIFFICULT to get into. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that! This is definitely very useful! (and don't worry about the constant scrolling, I often get carried away in much the same way with my own posts aswell!)...though I'll try not to do that in this one, as I've got some interesting reading to do! ;)

But thankyou for taking the time to put this together though, it's just what I needed!

I actually thought Monster Hunter 4U was exciting from the get-go, and like most games, it sizzled out the more you play it. I don't think forcing yourself to like it and waiting for some sort of exciting point in the game will really work, unfortunately.

And I'm not sure how many forums you read, but you aren't the only one who feels this way. I've seen at least 3 people on other game forums who have complained about Monster Hunter and cited things like the unforgiving mechanics.

Although Monster Hunter and Zelda now have some similarities, I'd still say the two games will be pretty far apart. The main similarity is just that they are both lengthy games.
Yeah, lengthy games are all good, so no probs there! I completely take your point though about not forcing myself to like something if it turns out to be just not my type of game. But with this one it's actually a game that I want to like! The opening cut-scenes looked very promising, and I'm sure the palico upgrades will get interesting, etc. So was just the countless hours of monotonous field trekking after that which felt a bit like I must have wandered off the plot or something. But judging by what you guys are telling me, it's more likely just a case of this being a game where it's going to take me some time before I get as far as some of the cooler stuff! So I'll have a read of Lightning_Ninja's ign guide, and give this one another shot! ;)

Personally I think that Monster Hunter is a good game with bad mechanics. It's like a milkshake without the whipped cream or cherry, or the games I make (hehe).

And the bad mechanics are harder to look past than even the occasional bad mechanics of the really, really good Xenoblade X.

Something tells me that HyruleWarrior will end up really enjoying the game, because they seem more enthusiastic about it than even me. If not, they can just take it for what it is, a game that needs more months development and planning.

This is actually what worries me most about Breath of the Wild. Given that the BOTW mechanics is pretty much going to be so similar to the Monster Hunter style, if this gets as annoying as you say, they could potentially ruin Zelda. (and if they ruined my favorite game series in that way, I would probably cry!)

That being said, if the time they took to make Breath of the Wild means they have perfected the mechanics so that it's no longer annoying, then this could potentially be a huge plus for fans of both series! ;)

(as you can tell, I'm trying to stay positive. ...despite my inner instincts telling me that there's a high possibility that they may burst my bubble!)

Perhaps I'm going abut my strategy all wrong, and should tell myself that everything's going to suck ,so that by comparison I end up nicely surprised!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back