What do you consider the most addictive game?

Thomas Ennis

From
Albuquerque
Playing
Super NES
By addictive, I mean a game you played for hours, and could not stop thinking about while you were away. Final Fantasy 7 is near the top of my list. I used to play until my eyes hurt, then wonder what was going to happen next in the story while I was sleeping. Doom 2 was close, though I don't recall ever thinking about that game on the side.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is that game for me right now. I love traveling to the island and gathering stuff and selling stuff and I love that game. I play it every single day. Skyrim would be a close second because I have been thinking about that game ever since I left it. However, I got wrapped around watching the Peoples Choice Awards and I never got to play Skyrim tonight. Possibly tomorrow?

I am loving my new 3DS it is the best thing ever.

iceskater101 said:
I got wrapped around watching the Peoples Choice Awards
Lol anything interesting? It's strange not to have a TV anymore. Having that thing on all the time used to be second nature.

The People's Choice Awards huh? I can't remember the last time I actually watched tv to be honest with you. I still watch a lot of movies, but tv is pretty much out for me. Avoiding tv has given me a chance to do something more constructive, like playing video games and posting on forums. :D

crunchyg said:
Lol anything interesting? It's strange not to have a TV anymore. Having that thing on all the time used to be second nature.
Well the Big Bang Theory won for the best comedy which is great because I love the TBBT :) Also Sandra Bullock won for Gravity and the Heat. Umm... Orange is the New Black won, so did Ellen Degeneres.. and......... I don't know it was interesting though lol

Sim City for the SNES & Resident Evil 2 for the N64

The Big Bang Theory is a good show. I like the "intellectual" wit involved in the show. Someone should keep track of all costs pertaining to the amount of film time wasted on outtakes. Those actors should be recognized for their ability to resist cracking up :mellow:

For some reason, I never got into Sim City. My friends constantly raved about that game; which led me to believe it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Perhaps I should give it a try.

Agreed with TBBT, the humor has only gotten better and I have been loving every single season. :)

I also never got into Sim City. We were forced to play that in school, and I just never got into it.

Nothing kills your desire to do something like being forced. I have to say though, it sounds like playing video games beats doing essays by a long shot. :p What grade were you in at the time if I may ask?

Oh gosh.. it must have been middle school.. so 6-8th grade
We also played this game that was about being a person in a different country and what that was like and one person that I had lived in the middle east and I got raped and I died at age 13. it was very depressing.

Any CoD game. Nuff said.

iceskater101 said:
Oh gosh.. it must have been middle school.. so 6-8th grade
We also played this game that was about being a person in a different country and what that was like and one person that I had lived in the middle east and I got raped and I died at age 13. it was very depressing.
Wow. That is super depressing.

I'm super addicted to GTA San Andreas. I've played through that game to the end 3 times and have played at least 500 hours of it in multiplayer on the multiplayer mod. It's pretty freaking awesome.

Minecraft is probably the game I am most addicted to. I can play that game for hours and not run out of things to do. From building castles, farming or even building secret hideouts, there is so much to do. I have honestly spent at least 8 hours straight playing minecraft, more than once:).

Pikmin 3. I love those adorable little thingies! You just gain such a friendship with them that you hate to see them hurt. When they do get hurt, you want to be all the more careful, so it doesn't happen again! You don't know how many times I apologized to the tv screen when I threw the wrong color at a certain enemy. I'm sorry, little ones. Please, forgive me! ;A;

For me it was easily CoD 4. I put in countless hours on that game and struggled to tear myself away when I needed to. A major part of that was there were always people to play with and that is something that I think todays games lack for me. Not as many of many of my friends are playing video games anymore and those that still are aren't playing as much. CoD 4 was an excellent game and addictive by itself but the added appeal of playing with friends made it that much harder to stop playing.

I would have to say for me that they would be the Call of Duty games or the Jak and Daxter games. I know that the Jak and Daxter games are very old, but I still play them. I will sometimes crack out my PS2 and then play that. I love them because sometimes they are kind of hard. I also love the first person shooter games. I have a hard time putting them down. When a new CoD comes out I'll always play it for hours.

Games you can't put down? Addictive games? I guess it all relies on what the person, or the user themselves, find addicting. To some it may be First Person Shooters, to some it may be games like candy crush or Tetris.

For me? RPGS. MMORPGS - any "Roleplaying" game with no definitive "End" that you can just keep grinding in. I've always had a soft spot for trying to be the most grindiest in an MMORPG, with max everything to show off. I know it's superficial, but hey everyone likes different things for different reasons. This is why out of all the games I've played in my life I say I've spent the most time on MMORPGS.

Probably since Ultima Online came out in 1997, and Everquest 1 and 2, World of WarCraft, Guild Wars 1 and 2, and more - you name them, I've played them if it falls under that category. Easily 20k+ hours of my life spent in them, if not a bunch more. I'm going with "Bunch more".

Well, pretty much all the Contras I've played have been incredibly addictive and sucked up plenty of hours. Radient Silvergun, Ikaruga, Batsugun and Battle Garegga are some of the shmups that have kept me hooked for hours on end. And while I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, both Guilty Gear X & X2 have been phenomenally addictive. Last but not least it's got to be all the Castlevania and Devil May Cry games I've played over the years.

Melee and Smash U are just so addicting, especially because I am trying to get good at Melee and go to tourneys.

I thought the original Metal Gear Solid was the most addictive game that I can remember. There was no other game like that around at the time, and it did set the standards for game play and story line. I remember laying in bed at night thinking about the story and not necessarily the game play. You can't be get involved in the plot as it thickens. The load time for the game weren't as bad as Resident Evil. That was the worst for loading.

Latest threads

Back