What games make you miss your Gamecube?

crossunitedfate

The Gamecube was a system that had a pretty loyal fanbase. They were never treated the way they should have been by third parties. However, they still managed to get some nice things here and there.

One game that makes me miss the Gamecube is Megaman Exe. I know many people disliked it because it wasn't the original Mega man or Mega man X. But the game had charm and it grew on me.

I was pretty fond of Megaman.Exe. I played it on the GBA, though, what's it like on the Gamecube? As for games that make me miss the cube, Eternal Darkness springs to mind first and foremost. To me, at least, it was the epitome of replay value. Every run through was actually different enough to keep the experience fresh and somewhat significant to the plot. Even today, somewhere in the backroom of your local Gamestop, a dozen copies of Eternal Darkness cry out helplessly for a sequel.

WindWaker and Resident Evil 4 and Smash Bros.Melee. Actually its still fairly easy for me to play all of those games of course. But I first played them on my Gamecube and they were awesome. But sadly one day my console was stolen which of course sucked. But I live in a quieter neighborhood now so I don't have to worry about that sort of thing anymore.

REmake, Resident Evil Zero, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 Plus are the few that stick out the most to me. I never got to play Wind Walker either so I'd probably wanna try that. :)

WindWaker is one of the best Zelda games ever made, the cell-shaded graphics (even though it is a controversial subject) really appealed to me. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, the best skateboard game ever, is also very high up on my top 5 GC games. It had so much depth, so many mini games and so much customization. It was also one of the first games I encountered with a map editor, and I love map editors!

Yeah but THPS4 was available on PS2 as well....I think what was mean't by this topic was gamecube exclusives.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. I thought the N64 one was good, and I still play the GBA ones, but AWL just sold me on my Cube. I played it through at least three times.

Super Mario Sunshine was kind of refreshing back then, too. I liked the twist it presented in the gameplay.

pigeon_small said:
WindWaker and Resident Evil 4 and Smash Bros.Melee. Actually its still fairly easy for me to play all of those games of course. But I first played them on my Gamecube and they were awesome. But sadly one day my console was stolen which of course sucked. But I live in a quieter neighborhood now so I don't have to worry about that sort of thing anymore.
I've played so many hours of Smash Bros on gamecube with friends it's not even funny. Smash Bros and pizza. Smash Bros and soda. Smash Bros and smash talk :) it's one of my favorite games from that era of releases.

Of course my gamecube never got stolen -_-

I still have mine but I don't play it nearly as much as I used to :( The games I loved to play were Resident Evil 4, REmake and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Just between those three games I put in countless hours. I must have played RE4 at least a dozen times, and I spent a ton of time on HM too!

What are your favorite Gamecube games? Personally, my favorite games are Animal Crossing, Custom Robo, Pokemon Channel, Pokemon: Colosseum, Kirby Air Ride, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, Battalion Wars, Luigi's Mansion, Tales of Symphonia, Mario Kart: Double Dash ... My list is gonna go on and on, if you don't mind. ;) Super Mario Sunshine, Viewtiful Joe, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Soul Caliber 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker ... That's all I can think of so far ... Well, let me know your list below!

pigeon_small said:
Definitely have to agree with you there. All three of those games were my absolute favorites. I've definitely spent a ridiculous amount of time playing Melee against friends (and Brawl too. But it's different on the Gamecube).

I also adored Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine. I'm a huge fan of Mario, and these two games were just such amazing twists on the series. They are so well done and just really fun to play.

I miss it just by the console itself. It was unique from all other consoles made. I loved how when you ejected a game you got that little spin. It's surely a lot less fun to play the games on the Wii.

Not to mention gamecube was a huge kcikoff into the next generation of Nintendo. Some of the best games have been made on the console. The things that make me miss it the most were the variety of games it had. Luigi's mansion, Pikmin was introduced, many different Mario platformers, etc. Truly a console for the ages. Also the sytem had the best controllers of literally every other console. It was so comfortable in my hands and they wre durable. Sure it had cords, but not everything is perfect.

Super Smash Bros.! In my opinion that was the best game ever for GameCube. Sometimes I would even go on my Wii to play some old GameCube Super Smash Bros. Melee. Another fun game that makes me miss GameCube was Super Monkey Ball! Those little monkeys were so cute and fun. I remember racing, bowling, soccer and tennis on Super Monkey Ball.

Wind Waker was really what did it for me. Then again, that is a highly-biased opinion due to the fact that Zelda games are my favorite games in the entire world, but I doubt biases even matter here.

I'm not sure this counts, but the Megaman and the two Sonic collections were just wonderful for me. I loved all the extras they threw into it and the obscure titles I didn't get to play the first time around were a fun bonus.

As far as native games, both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were phenomenal! I was obsessed with Animal Crossing for a while. Collecting all those pieces of furniture and keeping the town in working order became mini obsessions for me.

Kirby's Air Ride was one of my favorite games for the console. I loved the free roam type of game modes, and my friend and I would spend a lot of time just messing around with the different "rides." My favorite exclusive was definitely The Wind Waker, though. I wasn't really into the Legend of Zelda that much until I picked up the Wind Waker. Then I was hooked on it for life.

all the people that came to my house to play Double Dash with me. I'm talking grown 20-somethings just getting together for some Mario racing. the wife and I stayed up quite late playing it as well. Probably my fav game of all time, if not, definitely in my top 3.

Sunshine was great, and i too was changed forever by the WindWaker.

Good times

I had an entire list what I missed haha :

Mario Sunshine
Soul calibur 2
Pokemon colosseum
Rayman 3
Super smash bross melee
Mario party 4
Mario party 5
Mario Kart Double dash
Luigi's mansion
and just some really silly childhood games

I almost got every game back but also added alot of games I never played before and never heard of.

I still have my Gamecube with over 200 games for it. I still use it and it's hooked up.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back