What games would you score a 10/10?

GunGunW

Playing
Switch
It doesn't have to be from an objective stand point, just in your personal opinion what games are 10's to you?

I'll just touch on Wii U games. They are:

Bayonetta
Xenoblade X

Not sure what else to say :p.

Well I put the topic in "All Gaming" so feel free to post all games you would give 10's to if you wish.

Yeeeeaah, here's the thing though. I'm not trying to be a royal pain, but if you're like me or maybe Segata, you probably have 200 games to list. I'm sure he and I have played games spanning back to NES and before that we liked, such as Mario 1 NES. It would take forever to list.

Here is the first 50 of my 200, part 1 of a 4-part post.

Atari:

Q-Bert
Pac-Man

NES:

Mario 1-3
Zelda
Metroid
Star Tropics II

SNES:

Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Mario RPG
Super Metroid
Mega Man X
Street Fighter II
Earthbound
Super Mario
Yoshi Island

Genesis:

Sonic the Hedgehog 1-3

N64:

Both Zeldas
Paper Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Yoshi Story

GBC:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

GBA:

Golden Sun 1+2

Dreamcast:

Sonic Adventure 1+2
Soul Calibur
Rush 2049

GameCube:

Mario Sunshine
Double Dash
Smash Bros. Melee
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime 2
Wind Waker

XBox:

Halo CE

DS:

Metroid Prime Hunters

Wii:

The Last Story
Metroid Prime 3

Wii U:

Xenoblade X
Kirby Rainbow Curse
Smash Bros.
Bayonetta

PC:

Rocket League
Guns of Icarus

SNES:

A LInk to the Past
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Wario Woods

Sega CD:

Sonic CD

N64:

Harvest Moon 64
Star Fox 64

PS1:

Monster Rancher 2
Tekken 3
Tron Bonne only because I played it to death when I was 12

Dreamcast:

Toy Commander

XBox:

Star Wars Jedi Academy

GBA:

Metroid Zero Mission

3DS:

Kid Icarus Uprising
Etrian Odyssey IV - hated this game at first
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshi New Island
Monster Hunter 4

Vita:

Disgaea 3 Absence of Detention
Gravity Rush

Fire TV:

Sev Zero.... *blushes* It was a nice effort!

I think I'll stop my list now. Not because I can't think of anymore, but because I don't want to completely hog the thread.

I think numerical scores are the stupidest thing. Sonic 2 and Metroid Prime are games I consider as close to perfect game design as you can get but they are totally opposite games so giving both a 10 is saying they are kinda the same. The thing is one can be better than the other and still be damn near perfect. A well written review from someone who understands game mechanics design and narrative is a better way of going about it but that raises another issue. Pretty much all game reviews have no frickin clue. Austin Walker of GBE is like the only one I seen in the professional world that does know and understand. I have a few games I consider perfect examples of game design and fewer after the year 2002.

@Segata That's why I specified that I'm not talking about games you feel are perfect from an objective stand point, I'm talking about games that feel perfectly tailored to your needs personally, so even if something has flaws it's still something you can enjoy over and over again any time.

WWHD was perfect for me. My fav game ever came back in HD. 10/10

MK Double Dash was perfect.

Bravely Default was a perfect game. 140 hours invested. Loved every minute of fighting and story, and really did fart around because i didn't want it to end.

Same with Fantasy Life, just more hours played.

I would agree with @Shane Pacman is perfect, as well as the original gangsta: Super Mario Bros. Perfect controls, sounds, replay value, hidden things to find. Yep

I will put aside personal favorites. I never been a big fan of this game but faves are not the same as best. Pac-Man is the greatest game of all time. It's simplicity and perfect execution in it's simplicity is matched by none. The music is memorable to this day as is it's sound effects. It's just as playable as it ever was and that will never change. Even Oot and Super Mario bros have aged in many ways that make them not as good as they used to be. Yes there is games that are as close to perfect as can be but them esp more modern stuff mechanics will improve and such. Pac-Man. It's still perfection 36 years later.

I would say Fantasy life , Zelda Ocarina of Time 3d , Zelda A Link To The Past , Super Mario Bros 3 , Super Mario 64 , Perfect Dark , Conker's Bad Fur Day , Crazy Taxi and Skies Of Arcadia to name a few.

Arcade games: PAC Man , Donkey Kong , Robotron 2084 , TMNT Turtles In Time , Ms Pac-Man , The Simpsons and Killer Instinct to name a few :)

Oh and Contra Arcade / NES and Metal Slug Arcade , Paper Boy and I have to add Oregon Trail to the list.

Last edited:
For me, as far as the actual game goes I think there's only three games that I'd give 10/10 and that's Paperboy, Pac-man and Tetris.

While I enjoyed the games I wouldn't say they was my favourite, but looking at them from an actual video game point of view, I think for being addictive, simple and enjoyable to most people, these three games will be hard to beat.

@pwarbi Wow I forgot Tetris. You're right that is another perfect 10 game. Those are all solid picks that deserves a 10 I believe.

I think that Tetris often gets overlooked, and for such an iconic, classic game, in struggling to understand why.

Maybe it gets overlooked because the game itself is a little too simple, I mean after all, the concept behind it isn't exactly ground-breaking is it? Definitely a 10/10 game though, and that's just based on worldwide sales figures alone!

I remember the Tetris craze on the Gameboy. It was huge. It sold them Gameboys like hotcakes. Everyone wanted one for that game. Tetris may be simple in graphics but in gameplay and in strategy it really shines.

I don't think there's any question that Tetris is a classic game, but I do understand where your coming from. After all these years it's almost as if it's turned into the candy crush of video games, and everyone plays it, but don't like to admit it.

Latest threads

Back