What happened to Augmented Reality?

Yes @Shiftrex! How could would it be for the TCG companies to work with Nintendo to develop AR versions of their cards. The production cost probably far outweighs the return on this but man, it would be really cool.

I would argue that Pokemon Go is going to popularize AR. Remember, AR doesn't require cards. Anything can act as a trigger.

It would be very cool. Like you said though, the focal point for AR can be anything. I'm not really sure the production costs would be that much. When you consider that you could have the AR lock onto existing objects that aren't necessarily made to be AR targets. This could be made and sold as a $30 game at the most, probably a $20 chip depending on how intense the AR really is. When you consider Yugioh and Pokemon, most of your animations would mirror the oldschool TV show or existing animation from the pokemon video games. I think the production might be something that could be budgeted soundly.

The smaller the TCG the cheaper the project.

It was fun at the beginning but I agree it got a little boring after a while. Maybe because the surprise vanished, I guess? Even though it's a pretty cool concept!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back