What if

Casiox

Playing
Nintendo DS
What do you think that would happen if Nintendo comes up with a more innovative and powerful console that could beat the PS4 and Xbox One? What are your thoughts abotu it?

Well I think it would definitely be good for business, they will have so many ratings. I personally don't think that will be the case. I think they will release their system and it will get reviews like the XBOX ONE did and people won't really be too happy because they got their hopes up all over again.

Nintendo has so much potential, but the things I[m hearing so far about this system is not making me think they will do to good.

I would be pretty cool to see the NX do better than Sony and Microsoft.

If it's better, it will simply push MS and Sony to be better the next time.

It would be expensive yet still sell at a loss. It would bring in all the riffraff of shitty developers with buggy games, and would sacrifice Nintendo's individuality and make it nothing more than one of three interchangeable consoles. Like LG in the smartphone business (when's the last time you saw someone with an LG?).

@grahamf Well, I reallly doubt it will be more expensive than the other consoles, they definitely should offer a cheaper and better console so they will beat Sony and MS, otherwise, it's going to be the same thing as always, that's just my opinion though.

How? if it's going to be more powerful?

@grahamf It does not matter, if Nintendo really wants to lead the game they will have to sell their consoles for a cheaper price if these are going to be powerful consoles, that's how marketing works.

That may be how marketing works, but that's not how accounting works. Nintendo is still a business, and simply cannot sell a console for $200 that costs $600 to make (including parts, assembly, R&D, marketing, etc).

They would lose money like crazy then do a SEGA and drop out of hardware.

It would be expensive yet still sell at a loss. It would bring in all the riffraff of shitty developers with buggy games, and would sacrifice Nintendo's individuality and make it nothing more than one of three interchangeable consoles. Like LG in the smartphone business (when's the last time you saw someone with an LG?).

this is by far the most beautiful answer to all the poopoo Nintendo is doomed/sucks/whatever people and articles and whatnot. You reminded me why i choose Nintendo. Thank you and i mean this with the utmost of intensity.

That may be how marketing works, but that's not how accounting works. Nintendo is still a business, and simply cannot sell a console for $200 that costs $600 to make (including parts, assembly, R&D, marketing, etc).

That's a good point, but they always have to get along with other consoles prices in order to make it fair, otherwise, they're never going to sell anything.

Latest threads

Back