What is the most important thing about a game to you?

What is the most important to you?

• Characters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Controls

• Difficulty

• DLC / Extra Content / Updates / Upgrades

• Exclusive / Non-Exclusive

• Franchise

• Gameplay

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Genre / Style

• Graphics

• Microtransactions / Pay-to-Play

• Music / Soundtrack

• Online / Offline

• Originality / Uniqueness

• Other

• Platform

• Popularity

• Price

• Singleplayer / Multiplayer

• Sound Effects

• Storyline / Ending

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Lawnachaun

From
California
Playing
Wii U
Pretty self explanatory question. I think that I've covered all of the bases, in terms of responses. However, there is the "other" option, in case I've missed something. I reached the max limit on the number of options, so "other" should work for anything else. Tho, again, I think I've covered everything. So, with that, feel free to share your thoughts, and answers.

I, of course, chose storyline - there are apparently many things I will forgive if given an interesting enough story (looking at you Rule of Rose). That said in order my top five needs for good gaming are:

1. Storyline (not so much the ending)
2. Gameplay
3. Singe player mode
4. Originality
5. Genre

Everything else is strictly secondary in nature - including the characters themselves. I want to be introduced to a new world or given something more of an old one. I want to be able to interact with said world in as many ways as possible, particularly if those ways are new in nature. I would rather not deal with anyone who isn't an NPC. And if it's got a lot to do with horror or stealth that makes it all the better.

The most important aspect to me is the gameplay, closely followed by the controls. I enjoy tight, responsive and elegant control schemes. The characters and overall look of the game are also very important to me. I prefer stylish and cool-looking games, I don't think there's an excuse for developers to make ugly games in this day and age. Story is the least important aspect, unless it's an adventure or rpg where a gripping tale benefits the game.

Back