What overplayed genre would you like to see vanish?

Esperahol

If you had the power what genre of games would you like to see just plain disappear? Would it be anything with zombies? Would it be the classic FPS? Would it Madden? What do you want to quit clogging up the new releases lists? I think I would like to see a dramatic decrease in run and gun games. They're fun and generally easy, but the fanboying and the cliques and the BS just erks me... so yeah. Y tu?

So you're tired of FPS? Or are you tired of "annual" games? If so then you probably also want Madden and FIFA to shove off as well. If I'm wrong then what exactly is the reason why you dislike Call of Duty? I'm just being noisy - I'm thinking of writing something for a site about the change of opinion regarding Call of Duty.

If you are talking abut genres, I wouldn't say that I want any genres to vanish. Nope!

Esperahol said:
So you're tired of FPS? Or are you tired of "annual" games? If so then you probably also want Madden and FIFA to shove off as well. If I'm wrong then what exactly is the reason why you dislike Call of Duty? I'm just being noisy - I'm thinking of writing something for a site about the change of opinion regarding Call of Duty.
Not annual games. Just Call Of Duty. To me it's an over rated cheap hype. It's the same game with a different title on the cover.I've played them all.. and just found the same thing, But these types of games I would like to see come back. {{Eyes, Bumb N Jump, Temple, Time Pilot, Qix, Paper Boy, Jungle Hunt, Q-Bert, etc.}}

The first 3 Call Of Duty games were good. I only own one COD game. And that's Black Ops II for the Wii U. But I would like to see Action 52 come back. lol. Just joking. it stinks. Even though I don't have it in my NES collection. I still need to get it.

I'm tired of activision as a whole. They just haven't put much out in years that is worth anyones time. It's pretty sad.

While I wouldn't want first person shooters to disappear, I do think there are far too many of them. The Call of Duty series is getting ridiculous. I would also like to see game designers ease back on the 17 million zombie games. It would also be nice to get an infusion of fresh ideas, instead of hyped sequels (for example GTA).

I think instead of zombies.. we should put focus into other supernatural beings.. like werewolves or a really decent vampire game for the 360?
I think so.. :)

Yeah, actually a good vampire game would be cool. The last cool vampire game I played was in the Legacy of Kain series. These games are classic, story based action games, with a little hint of Zelda(LOK) or Tomb Raider(the later games). If you have not played these, I would recommend tracking them down.

I know that Heavy Rain? or something like that on the ps3 is a vampire game but I want a really good vampire game on the 360 or even maybe a vampire hunter game would be pretty cool

The entire FPS genre is seriously tired. Call of Duty is obviously part of the problem and I would like to see the franchise disappear. While I don't necessarily want there to be no FPS games, I would like to see them decrease in popularity. Game developers will then be forced to come up with new, innovative games to keep players excited. Seriously, there is absolutely no benefit for the games industry in constantly releasing FPS games, in fact, they are holding us back.

I would love to say that nothing - all should stay, and we call all choose and play the games we love. Maybe I don't like a game - but many others do. Now reality looks very different. Games which I don't want to play - on every shelf, games I want - sometimes difficult to find... I wouldn't miss most racing games, call of duty or football games. Most of them we already played and own. It's just a remake to cash in some more money...

@Nino I guess you've got a point. While I may not be in favor of FPS games, there are plenty out there who enjoy them and they would be incredibly disappointed if the genre ceased to exist. I really don't mind a plurality of genres and I believe the games industry needs more of this. I just don't like to see the FPS genre dominate so much while more people could be discovering other more unique experiences.

Over hyped games that are release to soon with to many bugs and flaws.

The gaming industry is thriving right now, why would we want any of it to disappear? Although we may not like every game released, the fact that there is such a variety in game is the strength of this industry. It's easy to hate on Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed, but these games sell very well and are successful.

No one is pointing a gun to anyone's head and going "BUY THIS YEAR'S CALL OF DUTY OR ELSE...!", just buy what you like, and don't play what you don't. Just remember that for every Call of Duty that comes out, there are 1000's of other types of games that are being released. It's the same reason why I never understood the hate for casual or mobile gaming. Yes, it's not my cup of tea, but it's bringing in money and attention to the gaming industry, and we all win when an industry is doing well.

Yes I agree completely with what you're saying @Hyrule Chicken. I don't think anything needs to disappear, and to be honest I think JRPG's are more over saturated than FPS's are (maybe not in the west, but I think they're what FPS's are here over there). But I don't think they need to disappear, they have their fans and that's one hundred million percent fine.

Latest threads

Back