What's your favorite rhythmic tapping game?

umizi

I love rhythm games. Almost all the games on my phone are rhythm games (usually from Japan) and I still can't get enough of them.

I think the best ones out there are Cytus and Deemo, both by the company Rayark. They have really nice soundtracks and really enjoyable, responsive gameplay, not to mention that the design of the game and the artwork for the game is incredibly pretty. I could spend hours playing them since they're so immersive and really bring you into the world of the game.

On the other hand, my guilty pleasure is Love Live School Idol Festival. It's a music game based off of the anime Love Live, and it's absolutely addicting. You have to collect cards in the game, like Puzzles and Dragons, but the rarer cards are extremely hard to get, so I'm often trying to rack up enough points to randomly draw a card and am faced with bitter disappointment. Nevertheless, I still keep on trying to get those rare cards.

I'm curious to see if there are any good games that I've missed, or if anyone shares the same sentiment about these kinds of games.

I'm not the biggest fan of rhythm games but I do see their appeal. I know that they are insanely popular in Japan and other countries in the Far East. In my country, rhythm action games enjoy some popularity in arcades and theme parks but I don't know anyone that enjoys playing them at home. While I don't own the game, I have played Hatsune Miku: Project Diva on the PS3 and I enjoyed it. It was far more challenging than I expected it to be.

Donkey Konga is probably the greatest tapping game to ever be created. After that it would have to be Guitar Hero.

I only play Love Live! so that's it. I really enjoy the Project Diva for PSP though.

Back