When will the old Wii version stop selling?

Sandara

Playing
Wii
I am pretty sure Nintendo stopped producing the old "stand up" version of the Wii, but I am curious at when it will be completely sold out. I am aware people still sell their old Wii's but sooner or later it is going to be history. I am pretty lucky to have the old version of the Wii even though I think the new version looks better(somewhat...)

When people will stop being interesting in it . At the moment there is still enough interesting for the Wii as a cheap console, and in the UK it does sell for like £20-40 which is extremely cheap, you can get a Gameboy Advance for £20 these days. I think that interest in the console will gradually die off , but for now it's still around and it will be for a good while .

I think interest will continue to be around for at least 2-3 more years. As medza said, it is extremely cheap, so it is a good deal for a lot of people.

Yeah, I don't see them stopping games or anything like that for a little while. A friend of mine tried to buy a Wii and the salesperson falt out told him that Nintendo had stopped playing games for it, because he was trying to get him to buy a Wii U. Thank god I was there, I pulled out my hpone and showed the guy a list for the games coming out in the next few months LOL.

She's not asking about Wii, just the original Wii model (RVL-001), which had GameCube compatibility and sold with a vertical stand. That model is already gone. You'd have to look really hard to find that model in stock anywhere.

I was completely unaware that they stopped making this model. I still own this model. Is it worth more now that it's no longer in production. Not that I would ever consider selling mine (unless I had another lying around), but it would be nice to know. I know a few Mario games have skyrocketed since they were originally introduced.

Medza said:
When people will stop being interesting in it . At the moment there is still enough interesting for the Wii as a cheap console, and in the UK it does sell for like £20-40 which is extremely cheap, you can get a Gameboy Advance for £20 these days. I think that interest in the console will gradually die off , but for now it's still around and it will be for a good while .
A Wii for 20 pounds?
Where!? :O

I wanna buy one straight away if they ship to Bosnia! :D

I'm trying to get my hands on the Wii mini console. I do own two Original Nintendo Wii's. One in my room the other in the living room.

This almosts presents a benefit to not having competitive graphics. If a game system was never about graphics, there is not a huge need for most players to upgrade. Nintendo has the longest selling ability in my opinion.

Just found some Wiis on Amazon, probably gonna buy a used one sometime soon.
Anyways, I agree with most people here - The Wii will be sold as long as there is request for it on the market.

For some reason, I like Wii more than Wii U. The only game on Wii U I would love to play is that one game where one player is a ghost, and the others have to catch him with flashlights... Don't remember the name.

The original Wii is actually a very attractive machine and the footprint is just right. There's tons of the original model selling at the local used stores around where I stay. Unfortunately, many folks have mistreated their Wii systems and they are full of marks and scratches. The panels that cover the GameCube controller and memory card readers are often missing. The good news is that there is still demand for the Wii and I'm sure there still will be for many years to come.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back