Which is your favorite Mario Party game?

Discussion in 'Mushroom Kingdom' started by gamerboy, Jul 12, 2014.

1. gamerboy

gamerboy Member

Playing:
    Wii
    Over the years there has been lots of releases of Mario party games and there have been some that I have loved and there have been some that I really didn't like too much. Of all the Mario party games that I have had the chance to play I will tell you that the best Mario party games that have had the opportunity to play have to be the ones that were on the N64. That was Mario Party 1 2 and 3. I really enjoyed those I will tell you that I like the ones that are coming out these days, but those are the ones that stole my heart from day one.

Which games out of the Mario party series that you guys seem to enjoy the most?

2. dustinb12

dustinb12 Moderator Staff Member

Lafayette, LA
    Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    all the ones i've played, i've enjoyed. The one that stood out to me was 9. I had a blast with the family, busting up bosses. I felt it was very fresh, and the mini games were fun.

I'm really excited about 10

3. Wick99

Wick99 Member

Playing:
    Game Boy Advance
    The N64 ones are definitely the best but I'd have to say 3 is my all time favorite. It's one of the only games that I liked everything about it, not just one thing.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

California
    Playing:
    Nintendo 3DS
    It's between Mario Party 2 and 3. Me and my friends STILL play those whenever we hang out.

5. NintendoGarage

NintendoGarage New Member

3 is my favorite

6. Marishu

Marishu New Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Mario Party 3 for N64 is one of my favorite Mario party games I like to play so much competitions in it and when you think that your about to win and bam you went in last place.

7. brokenbees

brokenbees New Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 3DS XL
    Mario party 5 is my favorite. My friend and I used to play it after school.

8. steeleda

steeleda Member

Playing:
    Nintendo 64
    Mario Party 5 and 6 are both equal in my book. I've spent hours playing both of these all the time. I was in love with them.

9. Johnny Hopkins

Johnny Hopkins Member

Playing:
    Nintendo DS
    Mario party 7 is my all time favourite Mario party. I have spent so many hours with my friends playing that game on the wii, it is a miracle we are still friends today!

10. umizi

umizi New Member

My favorite has got to be Mario Party DS. The game just felt like it was meant to be played on a touchscreen. It felt much more responsive and streamlined than Mario Party 8 for the Wii, which got frustrating when the game didn't pick up my actions as precisely as I wanted it to. With Mario Party DS, the game responded exactly as I wanted it to, so I never ended a minigame feeling like I was cheated out of first place or had to overdo my actions.

11. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Member

Playing:
    Wii
    I still enjoy a good game of Mario Party on the N64 - those games never get old. After the N64 though I found that the Mario Party games took a weird turn, especially with the orb concept. I wish they developed more items but kept the original method of using them.

Out of the 3 Mario Party games released for the N64, Mario Party 3 remains my all time favorite simply because of the battle games. When you're only two players, or when you want to fight instead of searching for stars there is nothing better than grabbing your favorite character and dueling with your buddy!
    Makes me want to play now!
    -LoyalServant

GunGunW likes this.
  12. GunGunW

GunGunW Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    5 is my absolute favorite mainly because of the battle kart mini game. However, 1 is probably 2nd to me followed by maybe 2. I only played 3 once in a hotel room we were staying at for my cousin's wedding. 4 stands out to me, but 6 and 7 run together. 8 was underrated and was actually pretty good, and I didn't play 9. Advance was different and pretty cool, DS was okay for what it was and finally 10 is okay and nothing more. I haven't played Island Tour.

13. Hyrule Chicken

Hyrule Chicken Active Member

Canada
    Playing:
    Super NES
    This one is easy for me to answer since I've ever only played Mario Party, meaning the original one for the Nintendo 64. I never picked up any of the sequels, not because I didn't enjoy it (I did) but there was always a game that seemed better at the time. I think I may have to change that now that I see everyone's favourites. :)

14. FaithofBlood

FaithofBlood Member

The netherlands
    Playing:
    GameCube
    I enjoyed 4 more when it came to gameplay but I liked the minigames of 5 more.
    5 is just a way too slow experience for me. Not hating it.

dustinb12 likes this.
  15. GunGunW

GunGunW Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    I feel like they peaked with the GameCube (4, 5, 6, 7) and have gone down hill ever since . I say this as someone who liked 8, mind you. I really liked 1 and 2 as well on the N64.

16. Miis4Nin10doSwitch

Miis4Nin10doSwitch Member

Playing:
    Wii
    My Favorite Is Mario Party 8; the last GOOD Mario Party game; BEFORE IT WAS RUINED BY CARS STARTING WITH MARIO PARTY 9!!

17. GunGunW

GunGunW Active Member

Playing:
    Nintendo Switch
    I skipped 9 but I played 10 and yeah I definitely can get how the cars ruined the series.

Miis4Nin10doSwitch likes this.