Who remembers...

LALucien

Okay people, I remember when I first played the big old grey Game boy back in the day as I'm sure many of you will.

But what games really stood out for you back then?

I remember one of my favorites was Paperboy.

What games do you guys remember playing on the GB for the first time?

Ahhh, I loved Tetris, that was the game. Although I only had a Game Boy Color, never had the original. I also loved Pokemon! Pokemon red and blue were amazing.

I too remember Tetris. My brother got a Game Boy for his birthday. Looking back, it was extremely primitive. I remember having trouble seeing the screen. Setting aside all those factors, the Game Boy was still ahead of it's time.

My brother had the original Gameboy, but he sold it before I was old enough to play it. By then, of course, the Gameboy Color was out, so I suppose it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Oddly enough, I didn't own my own Gameboy until the first Advance came out. The only game I remember for the original Gameboy was Megaman, but honestly I don't remember whether I played it myself or just watched my brother play.

Joker99352 said:
The only game I remember for the original Gameboy was Megaman
God, that Megaman game was awful

I agree, that megaman game was downright terrible. Ugh, I get shivers even thinking about it.

Tetris. My gameboy came with tetris and that game stayed in my gameboy for like 6 months. It was probably one of the most addicting games I have ever played in my life. To this very day that song still gets stuck in my head for hours on end.

Yeah, the Tetris music is pretty badass. I love listening to it in brawl!

Pokemon Blue was pretty much the only Game Boy game I ever really played. I did love me some Pokemon Pinball every now and then lol. The rumble part of the game was especially awesome.

I only owned a handful of Game Boy games back in the day: Tetris, Dr. Mario, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Land Mario, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Wario Land, Metroid II: The Return of Samus, Bomberman II, Batman: Return of the Joker, and Spiderman II.

My library of games for it may have been small, but I made good use of my Game Boy killing time on long car trips, etc! And do indeed have fond memories of killing such time in that fashion! :)

(I was also blown away by how objectively technically superior Sega's Game Gear was when I first tried it at a friend's house. But regardless, be it brand loyalty or something else entirely, I stuck with the charm of my tried-and-true Game Boy!)

The game I played the most on the old Gameboy was Mortal Kombat (even though I don't like the series).
I beat it with Johnny Cage by jump-kicking all oponents lol

The game I loved the most, however, was this one:
69914-Wario_Land_-_Super_Mario_Land_3_(World)-3.png

Warioooo! :D

I really feel like Wario and all of the games featuring him are the unsung heroes of the Mario franchise. I cannot think of one that disappointed me.

I liked Paperboy but played it earlier on the Commodore 64. I just picked up the Gameboy (SP 101) recently and started picking up some old favorites. I like that the GBA plays some of the old games in color. I just got Kid Dracula in the mail today. Also I like Gargoyle's Quest, the Super Mario Land games, and a few others.

Eh - Tetris, Pokemon Red/Blue, Dr. Mario, Wario, and of course the Super Mario Land games. Which was idiotic because I ran through batteries like they were food or something.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back