Will the Wii become the next NES in terms of collecting?

I would love if they brought out a remade Power Glove for the Wii lol. but as a whole I don't know if it will become a "collectible" like the NES did, it's really hard to say. People that collect old consoles and stuff will always find value in these products, so I am not entirely sure where it would fall. I mean the original NES had stuff like the golden zelda cartridge and things like that, that were actually rare.

I think at the time when the wii came out it was like something that no one had ever seen before but I do not think that it will become a collectible. I mean even know you see people still talking about the wii like it just came out. I will tell you that I think that the WII is still really a great console. It was the most innovative console of its time.

Nope. I'm a retro game collector and unfortunately the Wii doesn't have that wide of a games library or cult status to even come close to the NES. People will still collect for the Wii, but not on the same level as the NES, Snes, GB, GBA, DS or N64.

There's also a fetish for cartridges among many game collectors, which give a lot of the older consoles a huge advantage in the collector's market. Then you have systems like the NEC TurboGrafx-16 / PC-Engine that everyone starts collecting for once they've build up their NES collection. So the Wii will be one of the last systems people will consider to collect for, when there are other hotter consoles in retro land.

@Damien Lee I think Damien is right, people will still get it to have the complete line of Nintendo consoles, but it won't be the same as the NES. Maybe in a few years, but it's hard to say. Is the original Xbox a collector's edition? I don't really hear of too many people claiming that it is or seeking it out, and I think the Wii will have the same effect.

I think the Wii is a great system with a very rich library. However, unlike the PlayStation 2 it doesn't have nearly as many that are of great quality. However, I one day may collect Wii titles (even the shovelware) just because I feel it would be fun to own a library full of them.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back